UFC 194: What will ticket prices be? Here’s a good indication.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It was announced this week that UFC 194 would be headlined by Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo, a fight that was previously booked this year for UFC 189 on July 11th.

One of the first things on a fan’s mind when a new events get announced is ‘how much will a ticket cost me?’. Unfortunately this isn’t information that is released until much further on closer to the ticket sale date, though this doesn’t stop us all speculating at the pricing tiers. Here’s MMALatest’s best guess:

Following July 11th’s UFC 189 event Dana White announced an attendance of 16,019 with a live gate of $7.2 million – a record for the UFC. This was an event that sold out originally on the premise of McGregor vs Aldo, so why not a second time!? It would therefore make sense that they stick with the same pricing strategy they had back for the fight in July:

Floor = $1,042.32
Lower-Lower = $791.35
Upper-Lower = $534.15
Lower-Upper = $377.15
Upper-Upper = $244.70
Bleachers = $141.45
(includes all sales tax/venue & credit card fees per ticket)

LINK: UFC 194: What will ticket prices be? Here’s a good indication … | MMA Latest

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Ill pay for ppv...Unless you're right up on the cage imho its not as fun..

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
MGM is small. Floor seats don't appeal to me unless it's first three rows. Llweer lower would be good but from upper lower to lower upper there's no real difference. Those prices are similar to Jones vs DC iirc

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Prices are standard for a big UFC card in Vegas
For a main event like Gus vs DC erase the top price and add a $90 ticket on the bottom.
For a fight like MM vs Dodson erase the top two prices and add a $90 and a $50 ticket to the bottom.

From my experience in Vegas that is the template used.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
After attending a live show (Nashville), I've concluded nothing beats watching it on TV. Hell, I caught myself watching the big screens more than live action and we had great seats.

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
After attending a live show (Nashville), I've concluded nothing beats watching it on TV. Hell, I caught myself watching the big screens more than live action and we had great seats.
I agree. I attended the first 2 shows in Toronto, the first being at the Skydome with 55,000 people. I was in the 500 level, and basically saw little action unless it was watching the big screens. The second show at the ACC was better, but you really miss the sounds of the fight unless you are in the first few rows.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You go for the the energy and atmosphere and all that great stuff. The TV gives you the fight itself of course. I really enjoyed my 189 experience when I did all the expo and weighins live but attended the UFC viewing party at a pub on the strip with some fighters there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You go for the the energy and atmosphere and all that great stuff. The TV gives you the fight itself of course. I really enjoyed my 189 experience when I did all the expo and weighins live but attended the UFC viewing party at a pub on the strip with some fighters there.
Agree. Just like many people enjoy attending football and basketball games live...for the atmosphere. Whereas, I'm one that enjoys watching it on TV in the comfort of my own home. Get to watch the pre-game, the replays, hear the commentary...have my own food & beer 20 feet away, etc. You can't wrong either way - I'm just more of a watch at home kinda guy.

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
Agree. Just like many people enjoy attending football and basketball games live...for the atmosphere. Whereas, I'm one that enjoys watching it on TV in the comfort of my own home. Get to watch the pre-game, the replays, hear the commentary...have my own food & beer 20 feet away, etc. You can't wrong either way - I'm just more of a watch at home kinda guy.
And it saves a shit load of $$$ that way too

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Did you find yourself missing rogan shouting down the mic?

For all the shit he gets, that man gets me pumped every time

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Did you find yourself missing rogan shouting down the mic?

For all the shit he gets, that man gets me pumped every time
It wasn't a PPV but Rogan is definitely part of the experience for me. I also like the multiple camera angles that I get from watching it on TV. Matt and I had great seats. First row of 2nd section, so right above octagon level and maybe 75 feet away from the cage...but no matter where you sit, your view is going to be obstructed by the camera men and posts. And sometimes, the fight may be on the ground behind one of those obstructions for 2-3 minutes.

It's also about convenience for me. I like to pay $18 for a case of beer, instead of $22 for 2 at the arena. Grill out or grab some wings prior to the fights. Use my own bathroom. Etc.

The nice part about the event was talking to a lot of other fans in bars and at the arena & telling them about the site. And hanging out with Matt & his friends. They were great hosts.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
$1,042.32 for a floor seat?!

I think I'll stick with spending $60 for the pvp and using the money I save on hookers and crack.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
You can watch every PPV for a year for one ticket and still have money left over for beer and hookers. Well, maybe not beer.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree i have been to a bunch of soccer matches,concerts and kickboxing fights never really got the appeal of it, too much going on to enjoy it.
The only one i liked was Badr Hari VS Semmy Schilt in the Amsterdam Arena, that stadium errupted when Hari won, but still watched most of it on the big screen.
I'm 100% convinced that a couch session is the best way to watch sports.

But i still got 2 things on my bucketlist just for the experience.

1. Watch a UFC event in Las Vegas
2. F1 Race in Spa Belgium

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Totally true. It's a very confined amount of space obscured by posts and fencing. PPV is the best seat in the house. Although there is usually some good talent dressed to the nines at those events.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Agree and I like the comedic Goldy-isms. Doesn't feel the same without commentary & $1100 for cage side? Chile please. I'd hit the after parties up tho.

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015
I agree. I attended the first 2 shows in Toronto, the first being at the Skydome with 55,000 people. I was in the 500 level, and basically saw little action unless it was watching the big screens. The second show at the ACC was better, but you really miss the sounds of the fight unless you are in the first few rows.
I can see where you are coming from, 500 level at the Rogers Centre (Skydome) are terrible seats pretty much for any event . MMA being in a cage and being that far away the fighters would like ants. The ACC is also a larger arena than most for UFC events and depending where you were sitting it could be a similar experience. Vegas shows like MGM or Mandalay BAY are much smaller venues and hold about half as many people. I've been to 21 live UFC events and there is still nothing like being in the lower bowl or near floors. You can meet many fighters that sit in those areas always willing to take a pic and chat. The arena is nuts. Only thing that does bug the hell out of me there is the comped tickets given to big wigs and the people who only show up part way through the main event just to say they were there. Overall it's a great experience and hope one day you can check it out. there really is nothing like good seats at a great venue.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
[QUOTE="bully4me, post: 128339, member: 821You can meet many fighters that sit in those areas always willing to take a pic and chat. [/QUOTE]

That was definitely a plus as well, that I forgot to mention. Got to meet Robbie Lawler. Probably could have met Matt Hughes and Matt Brown, if I felt like going down there. It was very cool.

Feb 28, 2015
My fave UFC viewing experiences were at Firkin pub on Paradise across from the HRH in Vegas. Had a great buddy that I'd meet for the fights, we got to know the bar staff who would make us breakfast shots every time and knew our names and the crowd was so fun to watch with and quite often fighters were there watching too. Best of the best, man I miss it.