UFC 203 Discussion - 9/10/16

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
To me it looks like he just doesn't have that natural punching ability. I mean even I can throw a better punch and I've only been to a few MT classes lol. But in all seriousness, I really hope he moves down to the regional/ammy circuits and hones his skills a bit more before another UFC adventure. Or maybe they can book him against Mike Jackson since they brought that guy in just to fight Gall.

I really like Brooks though. He's been sincere and genuinely humble throughout this whole process and seems to really be enjoying himself. Being that he's my age I'm really rooting for the guy who started from nothing 2 years ago and is trying to go in there and hang. Good for him. I just hope he doesn't get too hurt in this journey.
Yeah I definitely don't want to hate on the guy for nothing. I was quick to bring in the pitchforks like most people but once I finally saw him talking - must've been friday night - I realized he's just a guy trying his best at a really tough enterprise.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
Apparantly UFC 203 was eaten up by the casual fanbase who bought tickets purely for CM Punk. I just saw an article about numbers being just below McGregor fights. Honestly I think that's bad for the sport. The people watching were only there for Punk and what reason do they have to become long time fans? UFC 203 was a weird let down of a card... hardly a card that would draw in new viewers.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Apparantly UFC 203 was eaten up by the casual fanbase who bought tickets purely for CM Punk. I just saw an article about numbers being just below McGregor fights. Honestly I think that's bad for the sport. The people watching were only there for Punk and what reason do they have to become long time fans? UFC 203 was a weird let down of a card... hardly a card that would draw in new viewers.
Well it means Punks next fight will be in the UFC. The card was a letdown, but it looked pretty good on paper until it had 4 late cancellations and only 1 guy replaced. Visa issues, injury, and an elevator did a number on this card before it even started. Combined with the just weird fights and it under performed what it could have been. Main event was solid though.