UFC 208 Live Discussion - 2/11/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
shouldve been a draw in my opinion. To have a fighter take a shot like that after the bell in the second round and say it had no impact on the fight is hard to believe. Then for it to happen again and the fighter still comes back and drops her in the 5th. Could've been a very different fight. It's like when Meathead had to go out and fight Browne with an apple over his eye, it likely had at least some degree of impact on the outcome.
I agree that there should have been a point deduction, but you still had to score the fight as it actually played out. People are taking the final scores and then adding a subjective opinion to it to say it should have been a draw. Well if we open the official decision to subjective scrutiny then we see that one judge scored round 2 for Holm, which is insane.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I agree that there should have been a point deduction, but you still had to score the fight as it actually played out. People are taking the final scores and then adding a subjective opinion to it to say it should have been a draw. Well if we open the official decision to subjective scrutiny then we see that one judge scored round 2 for Holm, which is insane.
I gave up understanding score cards in 2016

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Dropping acid would undoubtedly allow to judge even better.
Nah, last time I did it I hallucinated that a hysterical voice was coming from the TV that had a bizarre fetish for leg kicks, and it kept telling me that people who were clearly losing were winning.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Nah, last time I did it I hallucinated that a hysterical voice was coming from the TV that had a bizarre fetish for leg kicks, and it kept telling me that people who were clearly losing were winning.
hmmm, last time I did it I figured out how all math and physics works.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
28-28? Someone gave miller a 10-8 in the third... so strange
if he had been able to get out in the 3rd and stand up, wouldve been interesting to see if dustin could stand (adrenaline) or not

i had it 10-9 jim (or 10-10), 10-8 dustin, 10-9 jim. so i could see a 28-28. did the judge really give jim a 10-8 third?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Already ducking Cyborg
Cyborg doesn't even deserve to fight anymore. Cyborg ducked fighting last night. Cyborg ducked weightcutting. She ducked fighting fairly. This was supposed to be her fight. If anybody ducked it is Cyborg. End of story.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Some of his pre fight body language, or lack thereof, was rubbing me the wrong way. Which was annoying bc I have always been a fan of dustin porier

Just now, one of Jims students reshared this tho. Dustin won me back. #respect

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
People walked out when the final round was over for de Randamie vs. Holm. No one stayed to hear the interview or anything. Bad vibe but they did good numbers in Barclay's.