UFC 209 Live Discussion - 3/4/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC 209 Results:

Tyron Woodley def. Stephen Thompson via majority decision (48-47, 47-47, 48-47)
David Teymur def. Lando Vannata via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Daniel Kelly def. Rashad Evans via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Cynthia Calvillo def. Amanda Cooper via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:19 of R1
Alistair Overeem def. Mark Hunt via KO (knees) at 1:44 of R3
Marcin Tybura def. Luis Henrique via TKO (punches) at 3:46 of R3
Darren Elkins def. Mirsad Bektic via TKO (strikes) at 3:19 of R3
Iuri Alcantara def. Luke Sanders via submission (kneebar) at 3:13 of R2
Mark Godbeer def. Daniel Spitz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Tyson Pedro def. Paul Craig via TKO (elbows) at 4:10 of R1
Albert Morales def. Andre Soukhamthath via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Last edited:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I don't care about much on the prelims but that main card is pretty bad ass.

Fuck it though. Needs less Woodley and more Diaz Brothers.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Is that the order of the main card? Hunt / Overeem should be 3rd fight, not before Vannata (although I love his head movement / slip) and Rashad (who's been out for almost a year).

Not to be a downer but other than last 3 fights, everything is very bleh~

Weren't the new owners trying to make this into some super card? what happened?

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Is that the order of the main card? Hunt / Overeem should be 3rd fight, not before Vannata (although I love his head movement / slip) and Rashad (who's been out for almost a year).

Not to be a downer but other than last 3 fights, everything is very bleh~

Weren't the new owners trying to make this into some super card? what happened?
They didn't get the Diaz bros..
And everything when downhill from there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Rogan said this event, in Stockton, with Nick & Nate in the main & co-main, would have done $2+ million PPV buys. I agree with him. That's $60+ million for WME just in PPV money....probably a $100+ million revenue event. They could have paid Nick & Nate $10 million each and still made out like bandits. Why they didn't...who knows.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
Rogan said this event, in Stockton, with Nick & Nate in the main & co-main, would have done $2+ million PPV buys. I agree with him. That's $60+ million for WME just in PPV money....probably a $100+ million revenue event. They could have paid Nick & Nate $10 million each and still made out like bandits. Why they didn't...who knows.
Either the Diaz Bros. wanted mad money, or that WME-IMG factor kicked in where they don't care what anyone else thinks.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
Tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson - for welterweight title
Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - for interim lightweight title
Rashad Evans vs Daniel Kelly
David Teymur vs Lando Vannata
Mark Hunt vs Alistair Overeem
Yeah...these right here. Good card.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The main card is cool and all but honestly I'd pay the $60 just for Tony/Khabib. There is nothing about this fight that I don't like.

Actually... I don't like that one of them will most likely lose. Otherwise this is about as good as a matchup can be in MMA.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
The main card is cool and all but honestly I'd pay the $60 just for Tony/Khabib. There is nothing about this fight that I don't like.

Actually... I don't like that one of them will most likely lose. Otherwise this is about as good as a matchup can be in MMA.
im totally with u. i might be more excited for this fight than anyh other fight i can remember... i LOVE it. we only get it once. so i better not get smashed and be chatting away with yall on here. i want to close the laptop while rounds are going!

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
im totally with u. i might be more excited for this fight than anyh other fight i can remember... i LOVE it. we only get it once. so i better not get smashed and be chatting away with yall on here. i want to close the laptop while rounds are going!
I'll be out of town and visiting my parent's this weekend so I won't be posting during the fights but we'll definitely be watching them. I've gotten them hooked over the years. They brought me up watching boxing when it was fantastic and readily available so I've transitioned them to MMA. My mom isn't happy unless someone is bleeding or choked out.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Sucks watching all of these embedded's, only to have Khabib drop out.