UFC 209 Live Discussion - 3/4/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Octagon control is subjective. Having someone up against the cage with his arm behind his back landing shots is not subjective. Being knocked down by a strike and nearly finished in the final round is not subjective.
Yes, but a fight is judged on totality, not two moments.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
So out of 10 rounds they had about 1 round worth of excitement. Woodley won that 1 round very definitively. The other 9 rounds were Thompson standing in front of Woodley as he backed up to the cage.

Basically... I don't want to see them fight against each other again. I'm not entirely sure I want to see either of them fight again at all.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
so glad I fell asleep right at the time of the main event. woke up in the 3rd round and struggled to stay awake for a little bit then it hit me "who cares to see Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson fighting for the ufc WW title at 3 AM???" and looks like I didn't miss anything. it was a good card up to that point but fuck fucking up my sleep schedule to see these ufc paper belt fights. Hunt vs. Overeem was the main event. Overeem deserved that UFC HW interim title.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so glad I fell asleep right at the time of the main event. woke up in the 3rd round and struggled to stay awake for a little bit then it hit me "who cares to see Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson fighting for the ufc WW title at 3 AM???" and looks like I didn't miss anything. it was a good card up to that point but fuck fucking up my sleep schedule to see these ufc paper belt fights. Hunt vs. Overeem was the main event. Overeem deserved that UFC HW interim title.
I agree sadly Id rather watch Mighty mouse fight than a woodley fight any day or night

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
LMAO i never hadnor will ever have respect for someone that has to be gifted a shit decision.
Just in terms of personality... can't even really remember what it was now that made me type that... either way, as a fighter I have little respect for the guy in terms of his style and many of his performances... I respect that he has the balls, skills and work ethic to do what he does though...