UFC 210: Cormier vs. Johnson 2 - 4/8/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't tweeter but if I did, I wanted to write something like this. @ChrisWeidmanUfc has zero luck when it comes to knees in his hometown NY. #ufc210 kneegate #ufc205 knee Ko #NYhatesuCW #daddysboy
he ducked tho

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I guess it depends on how you define one of the dirtiest.

I would think that would include the top 5 or top 10 dirtiest moves in all sports.

No way, Cormier's towel-gate is one of the dirtiest moves in sports. Don't get me wrong, Cormier cheated, but in the history of sports, it was minor.

Jon Jones eye pokes > Cormier's towel grab
Well if he didn't cheat he wouldn't even have the chance to fight for the belt....I don't see how that is minor.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Well if he didn't cheat he wouldn't even have the chance to fight for the belt....I don't see how that is minor.

Compared to some other dirty moves through outs sports history, it is minor.

Did anyone get their ear bitten off?

Did anyone get poked in the eyes causing eye damage?

Did anyone get caught using banned steroids?

Did anyone take a dive?

..... Minor.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Compared to some other dirty moves through outs sports history, it is minor.

Did anyone get their ear bitten off?

Did anyone get poked in the eyes causing eye damage?

Did anyone get caught using banned steroids?

Did anyone take a dive?

..... Minor.
I'm just talking MMA...it's not minor...it's up on the list.

I wouldn't call steroids "dirty" I'd call it just cheating...and it's pretty normal these days.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cheating the scale to make TITLE weight isn't minor.
I guess but I quoted you as you agreed with

"How about Jon saying DC's towelgate is one of the dirtiest moves in sports ever."

Dirty little move yes but not "one of the dirtiest moves in sports ever"

I'm sure we could list all kinds of stuff outside of MMA as Jon is referencing sports as a whole. Perhaps it's just a matter of opion but I wouldn't put this in the top ten in MMA even. Pretty sure AJ didn't care much either.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Would he have been stripped if he failed to make weight for a title defense?

I don't know the ruling on that or if it's even happened before to the Champion.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That interview was spectacular
Always been a big fan of DC. He reminds a lot of coaches and former teammates of mine from back in the day...and kind of myself when I played competitive sports.

Thrives on competition, trash talk, loyalty and you can tell he's a great teammate. When that dude tells you he'll be there, you can take it to the bank.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I'm just talking MMA...it's not minor...it's up on the list.

I wouldn't call steroids "dirty" I'd call it just cheating...and it's pretty normal these days.

You might be talking just mma but Jon Jones wasnt talking just mma when he made the statement.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Jon Jones was just stirring shit up. Dirtiest trick ever? Not by a long shot. Rumble was having a hard time making weight too and thought he would have a problem but came in 1.2 under to his surprise. It could have been a goofy scale. Probably one that hasn't been calibrated in years since, you know, NYSAC and all.