UFC 223 Live Discussion & Results

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The fuckstick is still shitting on Khabib and talking about how great Al Iaquinta is. And now he's telling us what Brendan fucking Schaub thinks.

Gibberish

Posting Machine
Dec 2, 2015
You'd think we didn't know Khabib's stand up is terrible the way people are reacting to this fight. Very strange.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I’m sorry but lol at anyone disparaging khabibs performance. He just dominated another opponent. I don’t believe there has ever been a 50-43 and he got 2. He finishes Conor in 3 rounds. To many people influenced by Joe Rogan spewing garbage for 25 minutes.

Gibberish

Posting Machine
Dec 2, 2015
The fuckstick is still shitting on Khabib and talking about how great Al Iaquinta is. And now he's telling us what Brendan fucking Schaub thinks.
that just completed the night for me. Rogan has no sense of irony whatsoever.

2x 50-43 rounds and Rogan is not impressed.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Khabib showed again that he doesn't put his positional progression to get the sub together very well. Sometimes when he's down on the floor it looks like he can't decide whether he should be wrestling or grappling and when he gets uncomfortable he goes back to wrestling. It makes hos grappling seem clunky. Enough to get the job done, but probably would be a liability against a Ferguson.

Also his striking tends to fade and get more rudimentary. His chin being high is less an issue than it seems because he clearly uses it to bait for a shot, but someone quick could take advantage of that. Interested to see his future fights. Al did well.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
The fight showed Khabib has one path to a finish. Either he didn't take it or he was denied.
I don't take much from the fight. Tough to take down a guy with that low of a stance, especially when he's your 3rd scheduled opponent of the week that you haven't trained for. Al threw some big shots but it wasn't like he was opening up like he would've needed to do to win, if he had he would've been taken down & he knew it. Khabib will have problems if he can't take Conor or Tony down, but we knew that already & stylistically they're much different from what Al presented tonight

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
rogan still lost

doesn't get that khabib didn't want to take him down

he wanted a punching bag

u really think he gives up after 1 TD attempt if he isn't comfortable?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Fucking rogan! He just said that schaub, the guy who said conor would ko mayweather, just texted him and said Ferguson would beat khabib. Who fucking cares what schaub says? Why shit all over a completely and totally dominant fight? I don't even like khabib, but Fuck that noise.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Khabib showed again that he doesn't put his positional progression to get the sub together very well. Sometimes when he's down on the floor it looks like he can't decide whether he should be wrestling or grappling and when he gets uncomfortable he goes back to wrestling. It makes hos grappling seem clunky. Enough to get the job done, but probably would be a liability against a Ferguson.

Also his striking tends to fade and get more rudimentary. His chin being high is less an issue than it seems because he clearly uses it to bait for a shot, but someone quick could take advantage of that. Interested to see his future fights. Al did well.
He outstruck Laquinta, an opponent that was his 3rd- 4th opponent in less than a day

I don't take much from the fight. Tough to take down a guy with that low of a stance, especially when he's your 3rd scheduled opponent of the week that you haven't trained for. Al threw some big shots but it wasn't like he was opening up like he would've needed to do to win, if he had he would've been taken down & he knew it. Khabib will have problems if he can't take Conor or Tony down, but we knew that already & stylistically they're much different from what Al presented tonight
That's true but I did not say anything to the contrary. I think you're right. Still, the fight showed Khabib's path to victory against a quality opponent is to do what he has always done, nothing else.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I’m sorry but lol at anyone disparaging khabibs performance. He just dominated another opponent. I don’t believe there has ever been a 50-43 and he got 2. He finishes Conor in 3 rounds. To many people influenced by Joe Rogan spewing garbage for 25 minutes.
*too

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
respect somebody who can relax and do what they want against a highly trained opponent

that is what MMA events were built on

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
He did. It wasn't a big call out though. He gave the big call out to GSP

Interesting move
No telling if conor will even fight again, so somewhat understandable I guess. Both are money fights. Losing to gsp means nothing since that is a bigger weight class. Kind of makes sense I guess. Then again, khabib isn't a name, yet, so would the ufc even try to make that fight?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Why the fuck are the fixated on his striking as if an unknown weakness was exposed? Did they expect Khabib to KO him. Sure I guess you could have hoped for a GNP TKO but, Iaquinta is a good wrestler and stopped some shots (he also barely survived two rear naked chokes). He also got dominated on the feet and on the ground.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rogan fucked up tonight....he was on something....seemed all fucked up the last few hours

"can't hold his liquor" as they say

I expect brass to act, sadly