UFC 223 Live Discussion & Results

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
And still didn't finish the #13 guy. I'm a fan of both guys but man...Khabib should be ended this fight within 3.
Dude you know you my boy but you consider GSP goat. This fight should have had you on your feet for all 25 minutes.

Muridae83

Posting Machine
Nov 3, 2016
I’m sorry but lol at anyone disparaging khabibs performance. He just dominated another opponent. I don’t believe there has ever been a 50-43 and he got 2. He finishes Conor in 3 rounds. To many people influenced by Joe Rogan spewing garbage for 25 minutes.
agreed watch that fight again without the commentary and tell me khabib did bad.... LOL.

Nov 21, 2015
No telling if conor will even fight again, so somewhat understandable I guess. Both are money fights. Losing to gsp means nothing since that is a bigger weight class. Kind of makes sense I guess. Then again, khabib isn't a name, yet, so would the ufc even try to make that fight?
Good points. I wonder if they will try to put something together in Russia for him

Why the fuck are the fixated on his striking as if an unknown weakness was exposed? Did they expect Khabib to KO him. Sure I guess you could have hoped for a GNP TKO but, Iaquinta is a good wrestler and stopped some shots (he also barely survived two rear naked chokes). He also got dominated on the feet and on the ground.
Hey....

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You'd think we didn't know Khabib's stand up is terrible the way people are reacting to this fight. Very strange.
Or that he has never faced anyone who can throw punches at him. I mean, the guy lost to Gleison Tibau but got a gift decision - not only have we seen him go to a decisions plenty of times before, but we've pretty much seen him lose. He hasn't been 'exposed' - we all know if he can't get the TDs he is going to have trouble with guys with good standup. But in this fight he proved that it's good enough to beat a UFC top 10 striker, so it's probably actually better than we thought.

Just an embarrassing narrative they were trying to peddle in the commentary booth.

Gibberish

Posting Machine
Dec 2, 2015
Your name speaks volumes.

You stop it...He needed his dad there...I'm out.

I'll bet any person on here a grand that if McGregor and khabib fight I'll take McGregor....I'm not even a McGregor fan.

I've never not paid a bet.

Come at me if it happens.
Could easily happen. That fight has always only gone one of two ways, Conor sparks him out early or Khabib grapple fucks him.

This isn't new information.

Take Conor and Joe Rogans cocks out of your ass.

Khabib isn't the one not taking the fight.

Muridae83

Posting Machine
Nov 3, 2016
Khabib showed again that he doesn't put his positional progression to get the sub together very well. Sometimes when he's down on the floor it looks like he can't decide whether he should be wrestling or grappling and when he gets uncomfortable he goes back to wrestling. It makes hos grappling seem clunky. Enough to get the job done, but probably would be a liability against a Ferguson.

Also his striking tends to fade and get more rudimentary. His chin being high is less an issue than it seems because he clearly uses it to bait for a shot, but someone quick could take advantage of that. Interested to see his future fights. Al did well.
cant argue any of those points, i just doubt that khabib went all out in this fight and still won 2x 50-43 and thats scary anyway u wanna slice it.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
cant argue any of those points, i just doubt that khabib went all out in this fight and still won 2x 50-43 and thats scary anyway u wanna slice it.
"cant argue any of those points, i just doubt that khabib went all out in this fight and still won 2x 50-43 and thats scary anyway u wanna slice it."
-Truth

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
That's true but I did not say anything to the contrary. I think you're right. Still, the fight showed Khabib's path to victory against a quality opponent is to do what he has always done, nothing else.
yeah I probably didn't need to quote you for most of that, some other people are overreacting to this fight quite a bit

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Don't really care how you view this fight. Fact of the matter is Khabib won and he made it look easy.

Nov 21, 2015
Depends on whether he can draw in vegas. If he doesn't draw in the states, it would be foolish to not target some of his fights for russia (if they want to go after that market).
Yeah I don't think casuals even know who he is. Sure wouldn't recognize
him if shown a picture. I don't see him drawing in Vegas