UFC 223 Live Discussion & Results

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
should we tell khabib that rogan was talking shit about him before or after they all take the group pic together? eh probably later
I said the exact same thing. We've all seen Rogan flip flop during a fight but never have I seen him straight up shit talk as hard as he did about khabib.
Khabib' s jab is pretty quick.. and he's got an active ground game. I don't know why rogan was complaining so much.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I said the exact same thing. We've all seen Rogan flip flop during a fight but never have I seen him straight up shit talk as hard as he did about khabib.
Khabib' s jab is pretty quick.. and he's got an active ground game. I don't know why rogan was complaining so much.
He was all up on
He's a paid man

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Both Conor & Tony beat Khabib. I thought Khabib would maul Tony but now I doubt it.

Khabib's competition resume isn't that great. His best win is Barboza, who was never top of the food chain elite. The RDA win was years before RDA was known as anything but an unknown Brazilian undercard fighter.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Both Conor & Tony beat Khabib. I thought Khabib would maul Tony but now I doubt it.

Khabib's competition resume isn't that great. His best win is Barboza, who was never top of the food chain elite. The RDA win was years before RDA was known as anything but an unknown Brazilian undercard fighter.
The RDA win was less than a year before RDA became champ. RDA was on a 5-fight win streak and had just beaten Cowboy. It's nonsense to discredit that win.

As an aside, the 10-month stretch after he lost to Khabib was ridiculous for RDA. Beating the fuck out of Jason High, (prime) Benson Henderson, (not prime) Nate Diaz and (prime) Anthony Pettis in that time frame is probably the GOAT non-tournament effort in MMA.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
This card was thoroughly entertaining. Definitely way better than it might have been, considering the shit show leading up to it.

My first thought waking up was not about Khabib, Conor, or anything else like that. It was remembering how cool it was to see Rose outclass Joanna. I like JJ too, but Rose is so easy to root for. Really happy she has earned and cemented her place at the top of the division.

My second thought was I can’t wait to see Zabit fight again. This dude is the real deal.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Loved this guy's podcast before he stopped doing it, but he did a special edition last night. He raised a pretty good point, why'd they bring in Holloway coming off an injury with no fight scheduled & not Poirer, who has a fight next week? Holloway's a bigger name but when he wouldn't disclose his weight they knew there was a possibility that he doesn't fight

View: https://twitter.com/LarryPepe/status/982900707970789377

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
This card was thoroughly entertaining. Definitely way better than it might have been, considering the shit show leading up to it.

My first thought waking up was not about Khabib, Conor, or anything else like that. It was remembering how cool it was to see Rose outclass Joanna. I like JJ too, but Rose is so easy to root for. Really happy she has earned and cemented her place at the top of the division.

My second thought was I can’t wait to see Zabit fight again. This dude is the real deal.
I thought that decision was questionable. I do believe you have to beat the champ to be the champ, but I scored that for Joanna. I won't say it was a robbery, but questionable.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I thought that decision was questionable. I do believe you have to beat the champ to be the champ, but I scored that for Joanna. I won't say it was a robbery, but questionable.
I had money on JJ, but that was one of the easiest fights to score I've ever seen. 3-2 Rose & I could see a case for giving Rose the 4th

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Thank fuck I didn't go out last night to watch, I would probably have ended up in a fight when I could barely stand.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Zabit was impressive, but I'm chomping at the bit to see his opponent fight again.

Nov 21, 2015
And the UFC loves trilogy fights...
I hope not. I'd like to see Rose Vs Claudia, Andrade and rematch Karolina

I think Claudia and Andrade will be her toughest test.

Karolina I think she beats handily next time. She took that fight when Pat
was essentially drunk all the time and they were fighting. She shoulda never
even took that fight

Joanna Champion...(Yep She's redeemed herself to me so she's still Joanna Champion in my eyes)

I'd like to see move up to 125 and scrap with Valentina

Nov 21, 2015
wasnt his best... but far from a bad performance. Khabib Coasting after 2nd round..
Rewatched without Joe's commentary. He clearly dragged the fight out and
wanted to get some rounds in on his feet. His jab looked much improved.

That said yeah not his best performance

I think the crazy lead up messed him up. If he fights like that against
Champ, Champ, Accused Felon he's gonna get slept. If he fights like "Barbosa
Khalabeeb" I think he mauls Conor easily though.

Sad thing is we legit may never find out.

Muridae83

Posting Machine
Nov 3, 2016
Rewatched without Joe's commentary. He clearly dragged the fight out and
wanted to get some rounds in on his feet. His jab looked much improved.

That said yeah not his best performance

I think the crazy lead up messed him up. If he fights like that against
Champ, Champ, Accused Felon he's gonna get slept. If he fights like "Barbosa
Khalabeeb" I think he mauls Conor easily though.

Sad thing is we legit may never find out.
Get out of my head! damn its scary when someone writes exactly all the things urself are thinking.