UFC 225 Live Discussion - 6/9/18

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
My lady friend talked me into it.

We did the full 10 miles. I hate running so that was obviously the worst part for me. The ice water sucked but it came at a time when a cool down was handy for me haha.

http://web.toughmudder.com.s3.amazonaws.com/2018 Events/2018 TM TMF-TMH Virginia/2018 Course Map VIRGINIA.pdf?_ga=2.155506171.1916701430.1528645548-997269214.1528645548
She sounds like a keeper

Berlin wall a quarter pipe or the 10 footer type walls?

Everest a big muddy hill that's hard to get footing on?

Blockerness monster at end if lap 1 and the finish the ice pool obstacle?

Edit: nm just saw the pics on page 2

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
seems the judges may have been penalizing Yoel on the cards for what happened on the scale
I don't get the impression that they were punishing him. Maybe I'm too naive though.

I just think that judging is subjective, judges have varying levels of competence, and the fact that they only have 1 minute in between rounds to score the previous round before they have to start watching again can lead to rushed decisions. And perhaps they need more than 3 judges. I would like to see retired fighters as judges. Let's get some qualified people in those spots. I see no reason why the commissions couldn't make that happen.

At the end of the day, it was one hell of a fight. I had Whittaker up 3 rounds to 2 for Romero. I wouldn't call this a robbery, and I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been a draw (perhaps the best call here?) or if the decision had been given to Yoel.

I was watching last night as a fan, not as a judge. I wasn't constantly considering scoring, but instead just enjoying the battle. I'm going to watch this FOTY again later tonight and see if I score it differently. Unfortunately that isn't a luxury the judges have.

Yoel and Bobby Knucks are both winners in my book. That was two warriors putting on a historic battle for our entertainment. Both took heavy damage and neither of them were broken or quit. Much respect to both of them. Now I just wish them both health and recovery.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't get the impression that they were punishing him. Maybe I'm too naive though.

I just think that judging is subjective, judges have varying levels of competence, and the fact that they only have 1 minute in between rounds to score the previous round before they have to start watching again can lead to rushed decisions. And perhaps they need more than 3 judges. I would like to see retired fighters as judges. Let's get some qualified people in those spots. I see no reason why the commissions couldn't make that happen.

At the end of the day, it was one hell of a fight. I had Whittaker up 3 rounds to 2 for Romero. I wouldn't call this a robbery, and I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been a draw (perhaps the best call here?) or if the decision had been given to Yoel.

I was watching last night as a fan, not as a judge. I wasn't constantly considering scoring, but instead just enjoying the battle. I'm going to watch this FOTY again later tonight and see if I score it differently. Unfortunately that isn't a luxury the judges have.

Yoel and Bobby Knucks are both winners in my book. That was two warriors putting on a historic battle for our entertainment. Both took heavy damage and neither of them were broken or quit. Much respect to both of them. Now I just wish them both health and recovery.
yep, great fight...Belts don't mean much nowadays and decisions don't either...only real difference is $$$$$$$

This will be remembered as a great fight where they both gave it all and neither got a finish

Hespect