UFC 229 - Live Discussion 10/6/18

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wonder what fedor would do if an opponent talked shit about his parents, class only goes so far.
I don't seem to recall fighters acting like Conor does in Pride, or even in UFC back then. The sport wasn't in the sewer yet. I think Mr Sakakibara would have sent Conor home without pay if he acted like this back then.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Great performance by Nurmy but too bad he pulled a McGregor after the fight.
I thought he was better than that, which was one of the things I liked about him.

I'm hopping off the Khabib wagon.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I've gotta say - Looks like Conor gave Khabib his neck, he was looking for a way out.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I've gotta say - Looks like Conor gave Khabib his neck, he was looking for a way out.
He was done. Did Khabib ever get under the chin? It looked like more of a neck crank.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
He was done. Did Khabib ever get under the chin? It looked like more of a neck crank.
Yeah it was neck crank. Pretty tight to be fair, no shame in the tap, but again his heart and cardio have been exposed.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah it was neck crank. Pretty tight to be fair, no shame in the tap, but again his heart and cardio have been exposed.
Nope. No shame in a tap. When you're done, you're done.
Khabib is the champ. Dude is a monster. The aftermath should be interesting.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That obviously would’ve been a win for the Irishman, where to begin?
Once you tap chin
Think like
Hare
Got scare
Maiden fair

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Ferguson vs Khabib would be the right thing to do, but we all know that’s not what will happen. They’ll make that rematch ASAP ($).
But if Khabib is suspended I see them going with Conor/Tony for an interim belt and the winner faces Khabib once the suspension is up. Still makes for some interesting match ups!

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
my take. huge conor fan, not a huge khabib fan, but think he's a beast and love watching him fight. im fine with everything except the dude who jumped in and cowardly hit conor from the back. good thing he wasnt wearing brass knucks or something. never been a fan of hitting people from behind. he should be arrested and never allowed in ANY mma event ever. and same would go if one of conors guys did that to khabib. no charges should be filed against khabib. commish should fine him tho for starting an actual fight in the crowd after a fight. dont strip or suspend him tho, just fines. not as big of a deal to me to be honest. a full on riot could have happened and that woulda been real bad. but shit happens. this is the fight game, not tennis or golf!

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Someone brings a group of thugs to attack you in a vehicle and hurts others in it, insults your religious beliefs, runs down the country you came from and the people you grew up with, disrespects your family and father by calling them cowards and that’s a ok with you? If someone did that to me in a public situation you’d better believe I would punch them in the fucking throat.

I don’t think that this was the time and place for Khabib to do this but if you are going to let your mouth write a cheque you’d damn well better make sure your ass can cash it.
We agree with each other, read my first sentence again.

Nov 21, 2015
whoa conor DID throw on that dude first (not that i blame him, since he was going after conors bnoy). but thats funny. he was like.."ok, change of plans" and dropped back in to fight conor
Wow now this changes the narrative Dana put out. He said they attacked Conor.
It looks like they were just trying to go after Khabib and Conor swung at the guy on the cage
going to stand with Khabib

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Dana makes a donation to USADA and Khabib pisses hot. Problem solved.
More likely to donate to the commission. Bennett and company have easy jurisdiction in this one and there's no doubt that anyone in politics in Nevada can be bribed.