VID UFC 229 Post Fight Press Conference

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Holy shit these Q's at the presser to Dana are redundant
HE ANSWERED EVERYTHING ALREADY

I swear some just want to hear themselves ask a Q

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Khabib: why are people talking about me jumping over cage & not Conor throwing Dolly at bus and talking about my dad, religion , etc

HUH?
1. Everyone did talk about all those things
2. This was most recent

lol

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
My favorite part was Khabib promising to drag UFC back out of the sewer.That's a tall task for one man after all of the hard work Dana and company have put in to get it in it's current trash state. I wish him luck, and if he were to succeed I would probably even follow mma again myself.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
My favorite part was Khabib promising to drag UFC back out of the sewer.That's a tall task for one man after all of the hard work Dana and company have put in to get it in it's current trash state. I wish him luck, and if he were to succeed I would probably even follow mma again myself.
Yeah
His way to get UFC out of the sewer was to put in there further

Yeah ... makes total sense

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
why admit it's in the sewer. just say it's unusual to have such a charged situation, some lessons will need to be learned and I am oh so very sorry. fin.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
why admit it's in the sewer. just say it's unusual to have such a charged situation, some lessons will need to be learned and I am oh so very sorry. fin.
I mean the state it's in is pretty obvious. Have you heard that Colby dude?

This was originally a martial arts competition.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Yeah, I can't comment on that, I didn't see it. But the message resonates with me.
Oh I wasn't slamming you at all
Sorry if it seemed that way

but Khabib & his team did nothing but give MMA a worse rep.
the exact opposite of his claim

We know Conor is a fucking idiot
We know DW is a dick
Now khabib is an ass

but the three of them will make even more money in a rematch

But none of them have any high road

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I mean the state it's in is pretty obvious. Have you heard that Colby dude?

This was originally a martial arts competition.
One it got popular, it was always going to change
When bigger money is involved it turned into Prize fighting

It was always headed there

Even GSP said that MMA is the true definition of sport & that sports make more money when more people are entertained.

Khabib is the new poster child for everything he says he isn't

That is why tonight was insane IMO

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Oh I wasn't slamming you at all
Sorry if it seemed that way

but Khabib & his team did nothing but give MMA a worse rep.
the exact opposite of his claim

We know Conor is a fucking idiot
We know DW is a dick
Now khabib is an ass

but the three of them will make even more money in a rematch

But none of them have any high road
Not at all. I didn't feel you were trying to insult me. But Khabib I think is correct. A big culture shift is needed.

They will have to remove most of the humans currently involved in UFC and replace them with new, more evolved humans. Scorch the earth, so to speak,.

And start over.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Not at all. I didn't feel you were trying to insult me. But Khabib I think is correct. A big culture shift is needed.

They will have to remove most of the humans currently involved in UFC and replace them with new, more evolved humans. Scorch the earth, so to speak,.

And start over.
Cool

But Khabib himself needs to go too
that was my point

See my other post
Too much money to ever turn back

Khabib vs Conor II will be biggest fight ever
Khabib will be rewarded for tonight

its undeniable

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
One it got popular, it was always going to change
When bigger money is involved it turned into Prize fighting

It was always headed there

Even GSP said that MMA is the true definition of sport & that sports make more money when more people are entertained.

Khabib is the new poster child for everything he says he isn't

That is why tonight was insane IMO
No, I think Khabib remained true to his Avarian code of honor,

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
No, I think Khabib remained true to his Avarian code of honor,
lol

He did as much damage to how MMA is perceived tonight as anybody.

But again (in closing) he, like conor & like Dana & like anybody else ... will make millions for acting like a tool

nice back & forth man
have a good night
I have to actually get work done

i think this was our first exchange
Hope for more
:cheers:

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"Like Imam Shamil, I will not allow my honor to be impugned!" the Avar man proclaimed indignantly. "He inferred that my work and my family were not as noble as his—and he will suffer for this!" This exchange may have taken place in an urban neighborhood in the city of Makhachkala or in a mountain town in the Avar Khunzakh district. It may be unfolding between this Avar gentleman and a Dagestani of another people group, or it may be between two Avar clans. And the suffering, which is to follow, will not necessarily involve blood, although it might. More likely it will involve an intricate pattern of revenge through economic or clan connections, and some form of ostracism or rejection of the offending person.

The Avar People of Dagestan are the largest linguistic group of Dagestan, and historically the most powerful. Honor/Shame is a high code, deeply ingrained in the Avar cultural psyche. This is true throughout all 34 of the Dagestani people groups, but perhaps most pronounced in the Avar due to their powerful, leading role in the culture of Dagestan. Indeed, Imam Shamil, arguably the most famous Dagestani in history, was Avar. Imam Shamil was a powerful Muslim religious leader in the 1st half of the 19th Century, who led the political and military resistance to the Russian conquerors from 1834-1859. Shamil accomplished one daring exploit after another to baffle Russian military battalions of Tsarist Russia. Defense of Dagestani and Avar honor was the leading theme of these dozens of battles. The Avar people (and all of Dagestan) were finally subdued by the Russian Empire in 1864, but the code of honor among the Avar has never diminished. In Post-Soviet Dagestan, the Avar (and secondarily the Dargin) carry the primary political power in the internal province [Republic] of Dagestan in southern Russia.

Avars call themselves Ma'arulal (by translation—"free mountaineers, who inhabit the highest lands"). The Ma'arulal speak their own distinct Avar language, based on the Khunzakh Avar dialect for literary written Avar. Primary Avar is spoken in more than 200 Avar towns and villages. In addition, in the highest mountains of southern Dagestan, five additional languages in the Avar family—Batlukh, Gid, Andalal, Qarakh, Antsukh—are spoken in more than 150 additional villages. All of these peoples then utilize Russian as a 2nd language. Both Avar and Russian are taught in the local schools. Large numbers of Avar mountain peoples have down-migrated to cities and towns in the Dagestani lowlands, primarily for economic reasons. All 34 people groups of Dagestan are represented in the melting-pot capital of Dagestan—Makhachkala, 700,000 in total population—but the largest single ethnic representation in Makhachkala would be Avar.

Contemporary Avar culture is epitomized by the famous Avar poet, Rasul Gamzatov (1923-2003). Gamzatov became one of the most famous poets in all of Russia during the Soviet era. His stirring poem—Zhuravli—honors returning heroes from the Great War against Fascism [World War II]. The Avar carry many amazing ancient cultural strengths, capped by their intense sense of honor

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
If this happened at MSG, with the NYPD & large Russian community & all the Irish ... the fights would still be going on 4 hrs later.