UFC 237 Live Discussion - 5/11/19

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Apologies for this vent, but FUCK THIS ESPN DEAL!!! We cut the cord, so I was fine subscribing to ESPN+. Discovered tonight that I can’t even watch the prelims live through the app without a cable provider subscription! What in the fuck is that about?!? So I need to have an $6/month ESPN+ monthly subscription in order to have the privilege to pay $60/PPV, but the only way to see the prelims is if I have a $40+/month cable subscription too?!? Are they trying to get rid of me as a fan or just push me to stream everything? Solid business value proposition.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Apologies for this vent, but FUCK THIS ESPN DEAL!!! We cut the cord, so I was fine subscribing to ESPN+. Discovered tonight that I can’t even watch the prelims live through the app without a cable provider subscription! What in the fuck is that about?!? So I need to have an $6/month ESPN+ monthly subscription in order to have the privilege to pay $60/PPV, but the only way to see the prelims is if I have a $40+/month cable subscription too?!? Are they trying to get rid of me as a fan or just push me to stream everything? Solid business value proposition.
I pay for cable and I still miss like 75% of this card if I don't pay for espn+ and the pay per view I used to get more fights on the fox sports days

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
dom is not bad with DC .when he is paired with rogan he gets all smug

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dude’s hands must be fucked up. He’s only throwing elbows like Faber did back in the day.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What in the fuck is that about?!? So I need to have an $6/month ESPN+ monthly subscription in order to have the privilege to pay $60/PPV, but the only way to see the prelims is if I have a $40+/month cable subscription too?!? Are they trying to get rid of me as a fan or just push me to stream everything? Solid

UFC wants more money from me that HBO that provides $15 million per episode shows. Netflix offer thousands of movies and original programming. Same with Amazon.

Those are $15 a month or less.

I'm willing to spend twice that for the UFC only. Subscription, 20-30 bucks a month every month. 360 a month every year. That's the same as 6 ppv.

Do they really have so many people buying more than six pay-per-views a year as to pass up a subscription model which is a proven way to pad your revenue during slow times?

They have been fracturing their model for years.

If I stream illegally I watch Facebook prelims to prelims to the pay-per-view in one long session.

It's only getting worse to be a paying fan while modern tech should be making this easier.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
holy crap. span even mounted nog and almost submitted him too like it was nothing.