UFC 240 Live Discussion - 7/27/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Rogans commentary on the Cyborg fight was beyond bad. If I'd have been listening rather than watching I'd have thought Spencer was winning, rather than being the human punching bag that she was. Rogan questioning her cardio, she looked like she could go another 2 easily after the 3rd whereas Spencer was just trying to survive to the final bell. Spencers a tough girl, but she got her arse kicked.

Cyborg is now out of contract, it makes me wonder if Dana has had a word with Joe to down play her.
It's happened far too often for it to be innocent. Rogan always seems to be pushing a convenient UFC narrative that goes beyond hype and bias. The question is how much of it happens because of deliberate co-ordinatiom and how much it's because Rogan reads the tea leaves and delivers what he thinks Dana wants to hear.

This fight reminded me of his performance in Hendricks-GSP (even though they were different fights). Even if you think Hendricks won (very fair), it's now generally accepted that the fight was 3 rounds to 2 either way. But Rogan made it seem like Hendricks was destroying GSP.

Then we see Dana insisting that Hendricks won and lying about GSP being at the hospital. It made Rogan's performance start to smell (because they knew GSP was leaving). The reason it seems so suspect to me is because he otherwise seems to like GSP and has no particular love for Hendricks.

He often has retarded bias, but even the biggest stoner in the world could see the chubby Canadian broad was getting smashed. It simply has to be because he knows Cyborg and the UFC hate each other.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
It's happened far too often for it to be innocent. Rogan always seems to be pushing a convenient UFC narrative that goes beyond hype and bias. The question is how much of it happens because of deliberate co-ordinatiom and how much it's because Rogan reads the tea leaves and delivers what he thinks Dana wants to hear.
Apparently there is video of Cyborg confronting Dana backstage after the fight. She was demanding to know why he was saying that she didn't want to fight Nunes amongst other things. Dana replied that she shouldn't hold him to account for what he says to the press. I wish I could find a link to it.

But its pretty obvious what they are doing - low balling her on a contract that they know she will not sign, then building Nunes up by saying Cyborg is scared of her and is after easier fights in another org.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
Apparently there is video of Cyborg confronting Dana backstage after the fight. She was demanding to know why he was saying that she didn't want to fight Nunes amongst other things. Dana replied that she shouldn't hold him to account for what he says to the press. I wish I could find a link to it.

But its pretty obvious what they are doing - low balling her on a contract that they know she will not sign, then building Nunes up by saying Cyborg is scared of her and is after easier fights in another org.
Watch: Dana White & Cris Cyborg Discuss Amanda Nunes Rematch Backstage At UFC 240