UFC 244 Live Discussion - 11/2/19

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
What a fucking joke. Sounds like Dana and Jorge don't wanna run it back... yeah, I'm sure they don't. Cocksuckers. Fucking. Cock. Suckers.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
What a fucking joke. Sounds like Dana and Jorge don't wanna run it back... yeah, I'm sure they don't. Cocksuckers. Fucking. Cock. Suckers.
it didnt matter who won. there wasnt gonna be a rematch. it was always gonna be conor next no matter what the clown said.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015

Why would Jorge want to run it back?

He just beat the absolute fuck out of Nate for 3 rounds, it wasn't a close fight.

Nate might have turned it up in the 4th and 5th but the damage was done.

He also hit Jorge with his best shot, the same one that had McGregor on roller skates and Jorge was barely phased, he was barely phased by anything Nate did, he even controlled him in the clinch.

He has nothing for Masvidal.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

He juat beat the absolute fuck out of Nate for 3 rounds, it wasn't a close fight.

He also hit Jorge with his best shot, the same one that had McGregor on roller scates and Jorge was barely phased, he was barely phased by anything Nate did, he even controlled him in the clinch.

You make some very good points.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
You make some very good points.
Its hard to see for some people because of this BMF shite, which I wasn't a fan of in tbe first place, but the writing is on the wall here.

Nate is not a WW , he can't control and bully guys up there, Masvidal is a former LW as well but he isn't making FW like McGregor, Pettis, Johnson or Maynard.

He is also better everywhere striking wise, faster, more technical, better foot work, better defensively, more power, higher fight I.Q .

There is nothing left to prove here, Nate is tough and has a good gas tank, could he out last Masvidal and pull off a miracle, that was the question, the answer is no.

The DR did him a favour.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Yet Canelo got paid 10× more, Rock ain't cheap.
Yep.

But until something either happens with the class action lawsuit that forces a union, because at this point I don't think the fighters will work together anytime soon, or WME is visited by the ghosts of Christmas's past, present, and future then that's not going to change.

What may change is that DAZN realizes that they can't afford to keep paying like they are and some of these boxing contracts start to come back down to Earth.

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

He just beat the absolute fuck out of Nate for 3 rounds, it wasn't a close fight.

He also hit Jorge with his best shot, the same one that had McGregor on roller skates and Jorge was barely phased, he was barely phased by anything Nate did, he even controlled him in the clinch.

Jorge had his arms above his head walking back from the third, homie blew his load and he still had 2 rounds to fight.... if you don't understand the significance or the importance of those 2 rounds then I'm not going to waste my time talking about this with you.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Jorge had his arms above his head walking back from the third, homie blew his load and he still had 2 rounds to fight.... if you don't understand the significance or the importance of those 2 rounds then I'm not going to waste my time talking about this with you.
He had his hands on his head the end of the 2nd as well.

Masvidal won the 3rd , finished it on top hammering Diaz.

He was far from blowing his wad.

Diaz was slowing down too, those body shots were adding up, the damage was adding up.

Where was Nate going to win, he landed his best shot and Masvidal ate it handily, Jorge controlled him on the cage, beat him up on the ground. Out stuck him easily, almost finishing him.

Obviously in a 25 minute fight conditioning is important, but if you can't see Nate wasn't winning that fight I'm not wasting my time either.

It was a bit of an anti climax ending, the fight wasn't close.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Jorge has his arms up at the start and end of every round.

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Jorge has his arms up at the start and end of every round.
Watched it again and you're right, he did. Doesn't take away from the observation that Jorge was definitely tired at the end of the third and there was a swing in the momentum in the middle of that round. I think that Diaz needed a finish and he had a lot of work to put in. But I also know what I'm looking at and Jorge was clinching incredibly tight and tucking his head and taking more and more opportunities to rest; those are the actions of a fading fighter and the beginning stages of drowning and he had another 10 minutes of fighting to go, and diaz was coming on.

Would Mas have faded and been taken over? Who knows, very possible he wouldn't have. What I do know is that he did fuck over his diet a few days earlier when he got scared about the fight not happening... that's a really bad fucking sign if you're talking about having to go into this big of a fight later in the week, both mentally and physically. Do you think Diaz did the same shit? Fuck no.

The whole thing seems fucking dirty. Jorge tells Diaz that they're gonna run it back in the cage then starts saying outside of it that they'll have to do it in the future some time. Jorge himself knows it was a bullshit stoppage and Jorge himself knows rounds 4 and 5 were where the real fight was going to take place, everyone did, but Jorge doesn't seem too keen on making good on his word.

Regardless, Jorge is really turning it on and is doing fantastically; that combo the cut nate in the first was brilliant and I think Jorge can easily be the champ. The problem is that unless you really dislike Nate, there shouldn't be a single person that was happy that this was stopped like this. Not under the circumstances of the UFC really wanting to push Jorge, it smells fucking dirty and every one of us got cheated.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Diaz is not this amazing cardio machine people make him out to be either, slowed down against McGregor in their rematch, didn't have the wind to take it home.

Bendo beat him in the late rounds too.

He slowed down in the 3rd against Pettis more recently.

Come to think of it when has he ever rallied back in the championship rounds of any fight and won, even a round?

Mc Gregor and thats it, and he still didn't win the fight.

People are giving him credit for shit Nick has done or something.