UFC 251 did 1.3m buys, allegedly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
that is a lot

Jorge just came up

Hope he didn't bet too much on himself this fight

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
That's 1.1 million people who won't order a PPV until Conor fights next.

Hopefully Volk, Max, Aldo and Yan got a piece of the pie but I doubt it.

M

member 3289

Volk likely did but the other 3 probably not

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
What's really funny is that main event did good for Masvidal's stock with the casuals and destroyed Usman's
They will damage that stock if they are dumb enough to make the Colby fight though.

They should do Colby vs Leon Scott for the next contender and let Masvidal beat on some cans like Nate Diaz to build him back up.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They will damage that stock if they are dumb enough to make the Colby fight though.

They should do Colby vs Leon Scott for the next contender and let Masvidal beat on some cans like Nate Diaz to build him back up.
Just as a tip, you're not allowed to call people cans here.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

I think Conor's last fight against Cowboy did 1.1m, so you're probably right.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
LOL at believing the numbers that only ESPN and the UFC have access to. I still don’t know many people who even understand how to order the ppv anymore. Plus bars didn’t show this event so hard to believe those numbers without bars being added to it.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
LOL at believing the numbers that only ESPN and the UFC have access to. I still don’t know many people who even understand how to order the ppv anymore. Plus bars didn’t show this event so hard to believe those numbers without bars being added to it.
Many states aren't allowing bars to be open. Wouldn't that make people that typically go to bars to watch fights have smaller parties at their houses to buy the PPV's, or just buy the event to watch themselves? That would add to PPV numbers, not take away from buys, no? Also, there are no sports right now for the most part, so if people don't have entertainment and are somewhat stir crazy for some entertainment on a Saturday, they may be inclined to buy, especially seeing as this event did get much more interesting in the last 6 days.

Having said all that, I question everything with the UFC, so that is why I said "allegedly" in the title. Typically people can't even come down with a rough estimate for weeks, yet this one was right off the bat, 2 days removed from the event.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Many states aren't allowing bars to be open. Wouldn't that make people that typically go to bars to watch fights have smaller parties at their houses to buy the PPV's, or just buy the event to watch themselves? That would add to PPV numbers, not take away from buys, no? Also, there are no sports right now for the most part, so if people don't have entertainment and are somewhat stir crazy for some entertainment on a Saturday, they may be inclined to buy, especially seeing as this event did get much more interesting in the last 6 days.

Having said all that, I question everything with the UFC, so that is why I said "allegedly" in the title. Typically people can't even come down with a rough estimate for weeks, yet this one was right off the bat, 2 days removed from the event.
From how I understand it the bars pay based on capacity for the PPV.
example
500 people bar pays 5k
1000 people bar pays 10k
the ufc then adds the capacity numbers to the PPV numbers. I don’t think that high of a percentage of people stay home and order. I literally don’t know anyone that has paid for a PPV since ESPN + and many young bar goers now stream the events if they stay home.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
From how I understand it the bars pay based on capacity for the PPV.
example
500 people bar pays 5k
1000 people bar pays 10k
the ufc then adds the capacity numbers to the PPV numbers. I don’t think that high of a percentage of people stay home and order. I literally don’t know anyone that has paid for a PPV since ESPN + and many young bar goers now stream the events if they stay home.
I was unaware that is how bar's were counted on PPV numbers. I was aware bars paid more for PPV's, but didn't know that capacity was how it was counted on actual buys for any given event. Interesting.