UFC 251- Usman vs Street Jesus - Live Discussion- July 11th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 07-11-20

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
catching up on the results. I know Holloway only lost a split, but I really, really fucking hate the UFC hotshotting people into title fights coming off losses. I feel like the Holloway rematch would have been a much bigger deal if him and Volkanovski had each fought someone else first. Max coulda gotten some momentum back going into this, Volkanovski could have solidified his reign. They'd have both been better off for it after the fight last night as well.

And Jose Aldo getting a fight on a two-fight skid is fucking ridiculous, I don't care if it has precedent. A two fight skid is when you match a slightly faded legend with a prospect, or someone else with more name value than skill, not a fucking killer.

This is completely separate from what it does to the credibility of UFC titles.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
catching up on the results. I know Holloway only lost a split, but I really, really fucking hate the UFC hotshotting people into title fights coming off losses. I feel like the Holloway rematch would have been a much bigger deal if him and Volkanovski had each fought someone else first. Max coulda gotten some momentum back going into this, Volkanovski could have solidified his reign. They'd have both been better off for it after the fight last night as well.

And Jose Aldo getting a fight on a two-fight skid is fucking ridiculous, I don't care if it has precedent. A two fight skid is when you match a slightly faded legend with a prospect, or someone else with more name value than skill, not a fucking killer.

This is completely separate from what it does to the credibility of UFC titles.
Enzo Fritata went on record once that 'rematches always do better than the first fight' even though it is not true at all. It's a retarded, false axiom that has carried over into the Hollywood talent agent era.

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
Went for some little adventure for a few days. Slept in my car, had booze, proper sauna, UFC, etc. What a great weekend! I love my family, but god damn it's feel's good to be alone for a few days, haha! Also Makwan won, which was awesome! His fight started 3am here in Finland, so i was pretty wasted the whole card, haha!

20200711_015228.jpg20200710_220914.jpg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Sounds like Usman/Burns is up next.

So Masvidal/Leon Edwards as a contender fight? Another tough fight for Jorge, but I’m in to watch it!

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Suprised to see Jorge defend the takedowns so well only to get trapped against the fence so handily.
I have actually noticed in a lot of his fights he gets trapped against the fence easily. He has some nice moves off the fence but he ends up there a lot. The lame Unified Rules, terrible scoring system and the UFC's non-issue with shit boring champs who take the easy path to victory are what has killed this sport. Last night's card was a JOKE and anyone who didn't see it coming a mile away and isn't a n00b.......Shame on you...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I have actually noticed in a lot of his fights he gets trapped against the fence easily. He has some nice moves off the fence but he ends up there a lot. The lame Unified Rules, terrible scoring system and the UFC's non-issue with shit boring champs who take the easy path to victory are what has killed this sport. Last night's card was a JOKE and anyone who didn't see it coming a mile away and isn't a n00b.......Shame on you...
I saw it coming
I bet accordingly

But I wanted to be surprised...sadly it went as anticipated

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Went for some little adventure for a few days. Slept in my car, had booze, proper sauna, UFC, etc. What a great weekend! I love my family, but god damn it's feel's good to be alone for a few days, haha! Also Makwan won, which was awesome! His fight started 3am here in Finland, so i was pretty wasted the whole card, haha!

View attachment 9828View attachment 9829
u got that high end gear

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I saw it coming alright, I made posts outlining the fact, I still wanted Jorge to win and was all in on the night.

He hasn't been trapped like that against the fence in quite a while though, didn't see Usman holding him there for 10 minutes.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I saw it coming alright, I made posts outlining the fact, I still wanted Jorge to win and was all in on the night.

He hasn't been trapped like that against the fence in quite a while though, didn't see Usman holding him there for 10 minutes.
Unfortunately, what other choice did Usman have? He isn't going to take him down and try and sub him and he can't strike with him so all his efforts and energy were put into stalling like an MF for the "win". If the UFC punished this sort of behavior in lieu of actual rules that promote action or attempts to finish the fight this kind of bullshit will always rise to the top of the sport. They traded in on snooze box champ for another...

For the past 13 years, UFC WW champions have been very cautious fighters - except for Robbie.