UFC 255 Live Discussion- Figueiredo vs Perez - Nov. 21st

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 11-21-20

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The real main event is Mike Perry vs Tim Means.
That will be good, somebody is getting stopped

Can't believe Rua is fighting Craig again...what is the point of that?

And we got two guys fighting each other twice on the same card for some reason

UFC events are a mess nowadays

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Weird how Moreno/Royval is the featured prelim when neither are widely known and it has real divisional significance. I would think the UFC would have wanted that as the third fight on the main card and allow Perry/Means to bring in the viewers leading into the main card. Regardless, there are some great fights on the card and it should be a fun event.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Craig pieced Rua up on the feet and then got dominated on the mat big time
was a weird fight

I don't like this fight much but Rua has done well in almost all rematches
Hope he shows up in better shape, all skill and heart but his body is shit now

Dude loves to fight, doubt he is doing it for the $$$ nowadays

Craig is huge but fairly average

Unimaginative matchmaking IMO

warriorx559

Jan 19, 2015
Weird how Moreno/Royval is the featured prelim when neither are widely known and it has real divisional significance. I would think the UFC would have wanted that as the third fight on the main card and allow Perry/Means to bring in the viewers leading into the main card. Regardless, there are some great fights on the card and it should be a fun event.
Especially when Moreno is the number 1 ranked FLW.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
hopefully he can just give up a portion of his pay and the fight will still happen
Or maybe Means can stop cutting and they can catchweight in the low 170s
Means made weight, and now he get's 30% of Perry's pay. I could be wrong, but he may have needed to still make weight himself in order to get the 30%?

Its always crazy to see these guys that don't have a real camp or trainers. I mean, props to him for still getting in there - but one can only make it so far like that. And honestly, Perry seems pretty checked out.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Schevchenko -1300 / Maia +850 is the most generous odds making I have ever seen. This may very well be the biggest mismatch in the history of UFC title fights. Maia is certainly a good BJJ player, but is not athletic and has zero standup. This one-sided beatdown will be uncomfortable to watch.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Means made weight, and now he get's 30% of Perry's pay. I could be wrong, but he may have needed to still make weight himself in order to get the 30%?

Its always crazy to see these guys that don't have a real camp or trainers. I mean, props to him for still getting in there - but one can only make it so far like that. And honestly, Perry seems pretty checked out.
Ya that makes sense to get the % of perry's purse

I just meant means could have stopped his cut if he wanted to not drain himself making weight(assuming he was still cutting)
Means was probably close already when Perry commented on not being close enough so only he would know which was the best decision...the money vs not draining himself and fighting a potentially heavier less drained opponent

Mike fucked up for sure...I like his fighting style and his in ring performance but the unprofessional stuff outside of the cage is not good