UFC 259 Adansaya/Blachowicz - March 6th- Live Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

would have been absurd to point out "oh look his knee is off the ground, its legal"

likely due to the knee landing (illegally)
Unless you explicitly state the second sentence in the original post, it kind of implies the first sentence.

couture used to knee to the shoulder in that position. great idea
That's smart. I remember seeing MM or maybe someone else with their dominant leg extended, just waiting for someone to get up so they could throw the knee. I think it was against the cage though.

I also remember seeing someone kick a downed opponent in the shoulder. Can't remember who it was though, but it's also smart.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
interesting theories abound View attachment 29722
Clearly a very biased source and we would have to see an angle with the full range of motion to see the point of impact. He very much looked grounded to me live, but I may be wrong.

If he legitimately wasn't grounded, then this turns an already embarrassing situation into a farce.

We shouldn't even be talking about this nonsense - grounded knees are an essential part of NHB and removing them fucks the sport in several different ways. To be taking a guy's title for not even breaking this absurd rule is the cherry on top of this shit sundae.

There needs to be a much larger chorus of people calling to remove this stain on MMA.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I wasn’t sold on him until he did Joe Rohan’s podcast a couple years back. Got to see where the showman ends and the real guy begins.
He's always come across as a pretty decent and relatively smart bloke. I could tell you why there is an irrational hatred for him among an overwhelmingly white MMA fanbase, but that will just trigger a bunch of cunts who get outraged by the truth.

He has always been clear that losses don't bother him too much (referencing his kickboxing defeats). So it's not surprising that he's not going to go into full nutcase Ronda Rousey mode.

The narrative around Izzy's skills has always been fairly hysterical. He's had a close fight with Vettori, nearly got starched by a dwarf and in my opinion lost the Romero fight. He was never like Khabib where he was just mowing down everyone. He was always going to take an L sooner or later, even if dipshits like me didn't think it would be to Jan.

Nov 21, 2015
He's always come across as a pretty decent and relatively smart bloke. I could tell you why there is an irrational hatred for him among an overwhelmingly white MMA fanbase, but that will just trigger a bunch of cunts who get outraged by the truth.

He has always been clear that losses don't bother him too much (referencing his kickboxing defeats). So it's not surprising that he's not going to go into full nutcase Ronda Rousey mode.

The narrative around Izzy's skills has always been fairly hysterical. He's had a close fight with Vettori, nearly got starched by a dwarf and in my opinion lost the Romero fight. He was never like Khabib where he was just mowing down everyone. He was always going to take an L sooner or later, even if dipshits like me didn't think it would be to Jan.

Love Izz'ys qoute: "I've Lost Many Times But I Remain Undefeated"

Gave mad props to Jan too. Hope he doesn't become "Nice Izzy"
though cuz "Nice Conor" got pieced up

View: https://youtu.be/IaV17csndsE?t=182

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't know. I think Jan knows what a skull impact feels like on his knee
If he missed he'd be complaining and screaming his ass off and deservedly so

Yet he didn't protest the hit/miss one bit
good points

some super slow replay would solve it of course

bummer end to the fight either way

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
rewatching aljo, he absolutely won r1- but 2 judges disagreed
Most people seemed to score round 1 for Yan. Most people are complete retards.

That was clearly a Sterling round even with the knockdown. Sterling was beating Yan's ass all over the cage.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Most people seemed to score round 1 for Yan. Most people are complete retards.

That was clearly a Sterling round even with the knockdown. Sterling was beating Yan's ass all over the cage.
I don't think aljo was winning the fight before the knee. I've not watched it back but it diddnt look like a fight he was going to win.

They need to run it back asap and sort this mess out.