UFC 259 Adansaya/Blachowicz - March 6th- Live Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I thought it goes to the cards or is a NC. It's a strange moment for sure.

Nov 21, 2015
Anthony Smith's Grand Daughter sitting on his knee...

"So let me get this straight Grandpa... I'm not a set multi-millionaire
cuz you were a dumb ass who bought into some stupid ass, Alpha Male,
I'm not a pussy and can continue, MMA forum, peer pressure bullshit?"

Anthony: "Yes sweetie thats the jist of it".

Anthony Smith's Grand Daughter: "I still love you Grandpa
but you're one stupid mutherfucker you know that right?"

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
He's always come across as a pretty decent and relatively smart bloke. I could tell you why there is an irrational hatred for him among an overwhelmingly white MMA fanbase, but that will just trigger a bunch of cunts who get outraged by the truth.
Member when people were like "Fuck Jon Jones! Smith should have taken his title for that knee!" ? and now those same people are like "What a farce that someone wins a title on an illegal knee!" I member.

For the record, I was one of those "Fuck Jon Jones" people but I also have no problem with Sterling being the new champion.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
interesting theories abound View attachment 29722
The most obvious problem with this is that he was explicitly told by the ref "The fighter is down". His corner told him "Just punches" before someone (probably Matt Serra) yelled out to throw the kick. I'm not surprised that a Russian MMA meme account would try to make a case that Yan intentionally threw the knee timing it with Sterling shifting his weight and his knee coming off the mat for a split second, but it's a ridiculous argument negated by the instructions given to him by the ref.

One thing being lost in all of this controversy is what an exceptional job Mark Smith did in that fight.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Funny I actually just thought about that after the fight.

But then again you would forever be known as the paperchamp and would probably face shit matchmaking for the rest of your career (which is gonna happend to Sterling too when Yan gets the W).

That fight should have been a no contest or a DQ win without a title change but the promise of a rematch, the UFC needs to make that rule so clusters like this wont ever happend again.

Some people would probably say, yeah well then the champ can just DQ himself if he's losing and still defend the title, my answer to it is this; vacate the title on any DQ and if the champ actually does that with full intent, he should not be the next one fighting for that title in the future.

It's so easy to solve a problem like this, sadly the UFC is run by people like Joe Silva and Dana White who has no clue at all that they actually at the end of the day can change certain rules around the promotions championship

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Funny I actually just thought about that after the fight.

But then again you would forever be known as the paperchamp and would probably face shit matchmaking for the rest of your career (which is gonna happend to Sterling too when Yan gets the W).

That fight should have been a no contest or a DQ win without a title change but the promise of a rematch, the UFC needs to make that rule so clusters like this wont ever happend again.

Some people would probably say, yeah well then the champ can just DQ himself if he's losing and still defend the title, my answer to it is this; vacate the title on any DQ and if the champ actually does that with full intent, he should not be the next one fighting for that title in the future.

It's so easy to solve a problem like this, sadly the UFC is run by people like Joe Silva and Dana White who has no clue at all that they actually at the end of the day can change certain rules around the promotions championship
Why are people pretending this is a major problem that needs to be addressed? It's happened once in almost 30 years. Guy flagrantly broke the rules, is paying the price and there will be a rematch. People are also doing this adorable thing where they pretend Yan wasn't a paper champ.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Why are people pretending this is a major problem that needs to be addressed? It's happened once in almost 30 years. Guy flagrantly broke the rules, is paying the price and there will be a rematch. People are also doing this adorable thing where they pretend Yan wasn't a paper champ.
It could have happened in the Anthony Smith fight, which would have killed the rankings and made one of the weakest title contenders of all time the best in that division.

It also happened in ONE FC (first time I've seen a major organization have a title change because of this) with Kevin Belingon vs Bibiano Fernandes.

I think it's a rare yes, never the less we've seen this more in the recent years than before, I can also mention other title fights that could have had the same outcome had the fighter choosen to lay down.

M

member 3289

I don't think aljo was winning the fight before the knee. I've not watched it back but it diddnt look like a fight he was going to win.
Which fighter won round 1 is a debatable argument. Which fighter was going to win that fight is not.

Even if you give Aljo round 1, he loses 48-47. He was gassed and Yan was in complete control.

M

member 3289

It could have happened in the Anthony Smith fight, which would have killed the rankings and made one of the weakest title contenders of all time the best in that division.

It also happened in ONE FC (first time I've seen a major organization have a title change because of this) with Kevin Belingon vs Bibiano Fernandes.

I think it's a rare yes, never the less we've seen this more in the recent years than before, I can also mention other title fights that could have had the same outcome had the fighter choosen to lay down.
Lest we not forget Chael Sonnen would've been lhw champ via injury if he had been able to hang on for 27 more seconds.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If it had Smith would have gotten a single payday (the rematch) and then order would have been restored.

The idea that people should feel obligated to fight through injuries that they've acquired via an illegal tactic is absurd.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Lest we not forget Chael Sonnen would've been lhw champ via injury if he had been able to hang on for 27 more seconds.
You realize what a teflon cunt Jon Jones is when you think about all these things.

Every close decision (of which I think he won them all) has gone to him, Chael could have held on, Smith could have taken the DQ. Numerous concessions from USADA and the UFC, lenient legal responses to his various misdeeds etc. The only thing that ever went against him was the Hammil fight, but it's not like that was a title fight or anything.

It just adds to the fact that the guy can just roll off the crack den couch and still beat anyone in the world.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
What happened in the Sonnen/Jones fight? I forget.
Jones suffered what should have been a fight ending compound fracture that the ref didn't see so the fight continued and Jones got the finish.

Edit: I think it was a compound fracture but it might have just been a bad break.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You realize what a teflon cunt Jon Jones is when you think about all these things.

Every close decision (of which I think he won them all) has gone to him, Chael could have held on, Smith could have taken the DQ. Numerous concessions from USADA and the UFC, lenient legal responses to his various misdeeds etc. The only thing that ever went against him was the Hammil fight, but it's not like that was a title fight or anything.

It just adds to the fact that the guy can just roll off the crack den couch and still beat anyone in the world.
There was also Vitor getting him in a deep, undefended armbar that Big John didn't call.

People who like Jones say "It just goes to show that...." People who are a little more objective point out that everything he does is by the skin of his teeth.

blas4ublasphemy

Oct 25, 2015
A highly trained athlete intelligently takes the gift DQ win, a fighter does not...

Sterling understood exactly the choice he made and you could see in his face and actions immediately afterward that he was already second guessing his decision. It seemed to me he was also playing up just how concussed he was to really sell it.