UFC 275 Texiera vs Prochazka - Live Discussion - June 11th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 06-11-22

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Glad it is at normal PPV time.

At least it looks like it is normal time.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
A couple hours ago, I almost typed the exact opposite because yeh, it's airing "normal" PPV time
On the west coast there isn't such a thing as a fight card or game that goes too late, everything is over by 11pm so you can get a decent nights sleep.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The site going to be able to handle this Splinty @Splinty ?
I sitting here in tears because I can't watch the main card live. I live for broad fights and executions of the elderly.

Thank god I might still be able to catch the Ramona Pascual and Joselyne Edwards fights on the prelims or I just don't know what I would do.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I like Jiri a lot, Finishers are my jam
Impossible to root against Glover

Conflicted
No doubt. I was leaning the new kid by smash. But someone on MMAFighting made a good point

The dude who beat jon Jones (not on scorecards tho) took juri down and held him for awhile

Dominic Reyes that's it. If dom can take juri down, then Glover can too.

To play devils advocate, maybe juri was surprised by the takedown

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No doubt. I was leaning the new kid by smash. But someone on MMAFighting made a good point

The dude who beat jon Jones (not on scorecards tho) took juri down and held him for awhile

Dominic Reyes that's it. If dom can take juri down, then Glover can too.

To play devils advocate, maybe juri was surprised by the takedown
True
Jiri is so fucking big and powerful with them strikes tho, he could KO a mule

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I'm expecting a boring UD win for the old man, tbh.
I'm not ruling the old man out. There's a path to victory for him. But I don't think he'll win. And I don't think it will be pleasant to watch given how Jiri ends fights.

What Gus did to him shortly after what Rumble did to him already felt like elder abuse and that was 5 years ago.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I'm not ruling the old man out. There's a path to victory for him. But I don't think he'll win. And I don't think it will be pleasant to watch given how Jiri ends fights.

What Gus did to him shortly after what Rumble did to him already felt like elder abuse and that was 5 years ago.
Jiri is so sloppy, but a spazzy high voltage KO is likely, because if he hits Glover with one of those crazy combos I think it’s over, but Jiri is so undisciplined. I think if he throws some reckless spinning shit he can get taken down and if it hits the ground I think he gets subbed or ground and pounded in the first position Texiera gets him in. If Glover avoids the big shot, who knows what Jiri’s gas tank is like especially in later rounds.

I think it will be interesting to see if Jiri will fights more conservatively in order to avoid a takedown or stays true to his berserker style. I think he is a showman and could see him going full on looking for a highlight reel quick KO, but with the belt on the line who knows. Glover is slow as hell now and I think a measured Jiri pumping jabs and picking his shots will win easily but the guy is a wildcard.

PM me for more details.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Jiri is so sloppy, but a spazzy high voltage KO is likely, because if he hits Glover with one of those crazy combos I think it’s over, but Jiri is so undisciplined. I think if he throws some reckless spinning shit he can get taken down and if it hits the ground I think he gets subbed or ground and pounded in the first position Texiera gets him in. If Glover avoids the big shot, who knows what Jiri’s gas tank is like especially in later rounds.

I think it will be interesting to see if Jiri will fights more conservatively in order to avoid a takedown or stays true to his berserker style. I think he is a showman and could see him going full on looking for a highlight reel quick KO, but with the belt on the line who knows. Glover is slow as hell now and I think a measured Jiri pumping jabs and picking his shots will win easily but the guy is a wildcard.

PM me for more details.
I do think you are on the money that one guy will probably win unless the other guy does something to win.

But you didn't specifically use the word 'secure' when referring to the takedown nor the exact phrase 'if he can keep him at distance and control the center of the octagon', nor did it take me just over 10 minutes to read it.

So I know you're not a real MMA analyst and I will not be subscribing to your youtube channel.