UFC 275 Texiera vs Prochazka - Live Discussion - June 11th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 06-11-22

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Just a target that ls filled with paintballs and stuff. It “reacts” with fake pink blood. A little better than paper targets. Steel is king.
That's pretty cool. I've seen some videos of those but didn't know what they were called.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Gotta go back and watch the prelims. Should have the Monster’s results in by tomorrow.

Always a treat talking shit with you queers.

That's pretty cool. I've seen some videos of those but didn't know what they were called.
I think that’s what they’re called. It’s not as highfalutin as those gel zombie torsos and heads but it’s cool enough. I’m gonna put some tannerite in his chest and send him to Bolivia.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't know if Jiri was getting rocked. I think he was just so tired that he was slumping back when he got hit.
Those 7 strike flurries take a lot of energy, yet he recovers cardio like nobody his size that throws that type of power + Showed great ground game today

Tough dude to beat and he is certainly now in his prime

You would probably lose 3/10 fights to him, he is that good

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Gotta go back and watch the prelims. Should have the Monster’s results in by tomorrow.

Always a treat talking shit with you queers.

I think that’s what they’re called. It’s not as highfalutin as those gel zombie torsos and heads but it’s cool enough. I’m gonna put some tannerite in his chest and send him to Bolivia.
I wish I could use that here. Commies don't allow it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Valentinas responses in the post-fight presser are a little off-putting

As an example, they said Santos said she saw double after the headbutt. They asked if she felt Santos change after that

Valentina laughed and said "oh is thst what she said' and then implied that people change when their opponent continues to pressure them

Basically, she wrote off the headbutt.

It would've been much more admirable if she said something like its shame that that happened, gave a compliment, and said she is sure that they will meet again someday

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
ECC170 @ECC170
Was that better than Lawler/McDonald 2?
It was definitely better than that because that fight is a little overrated - start of that fight sucked ass. And this had a much more dramatic finish.

Nearly every round was its own mini-comeback story and the finish was a comeback in total, while both guys beat the piss out of each other in the meantime.

And the fact that it wasn't just a slugfest but had brutal GnP, subs, sweeps etc. makes it even better. I frankly can't remember ever seeing a fight that ticks so many MMA boxes in what you want to see in a fight.

One of the GOAT fights for sure.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
that was weird
I think jiri just explained that tap thing

He was also talking to Glover saying something like "you're not hurting me"

But shortly after that, Glover hit him hard and opened up his eyebrow, so he laughed at himself in the interview for his mental mistake of taking the moment too casually and Glover punishing him

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
i rewatched round 2 - the round in question, the decider-

yes, VALERIE did more from the bottom
normally judges give it to the fighter on top, but she didnt do much from there
coulda gone either way, but i will (now) admit it is fair Val got the round and decision
i can no longer call it a robbery

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
i rewatched round 2 - the round in question, the decider-

yes, VALERIE did more from the bottom
normally judges give it to the fighter on top, but she didnt do much from there
coulda gone either way, but i will (now) admit it is fair Val got the round and decision
i can no longer call it a robbery
The "damage" scoring is weird

Imagine someone takes someone down. Fights for RNC the entire round, and they get one of those little backwards punches once. Did the backward punch score more "damage" than the 4min 58s of seeking subs from the back?

Cutting off someone's breathing for a few seconds on and off for a few minutes should count as "damage"

Plan on rewatching tho to see what Valentina did in the beginning of the round

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
The old king vs the young viking.

Awesome fight.
I'm still bummed though. I thought Glover had it when he got mount with about 2 minutes left. Fuck, I'm disappointed. Congrats to the new champ.
Those dudes put on an absolute classic for us fans. I hope they are compensated accordingly.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
The "damage" scoring is weird

Imagine someone takes someone down. Fights for RNC the entire round, and they get one of those little backwards punches once. Did the backward punch score more "damage" than the 4min 58s of seeking subs from the back?

Cutting off someone's breathing for a few seconds on and off for a few minutes should count as "damage"

Plan on rewatching tho to see what Valentina did in the beginning of the round
I've read through a few of your insufferable posts about this fight and I've come to the conclusion that I'd love to hit you repeatedly over the head with a coffee cup.
Love ya, but I want to destroy you. ?