UFC 277 Live Discussion - 7/30/22

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 07-30-22, 07-31-22

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1658811570162.png

Main card (ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET)
Prelims (8 p.m. ET on ESPN/ESPN+,
Early Prelims (6:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass)

MAIN CARD
  • Julianna Pena vs. Amanda Nunes Title Fight
  • Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France - Title Fight
  • Derrick Lewis vs. Sergei Pavlovich
  • Alex Perez vs. Alexandre Pantoja
  • Magomed Ankalaev vs. Anthony Smith
UNDERCARD
  • Drew Dober vs. Rafael Alves
  • Alex Morono vs. Matthew Semelsberger
  • Diego Ferreira vs. Drakkar Klose
  • Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Michael Morales
  • Ji Yeon Kim vs. Mariya Agapova
  • Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ihor Potieria
  • Orion Cosce vs. Blood Diamond
  • Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Ludovit Klein
  • Don'Tale Mayes vs. Hamdy Abdelwahab

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
UFC don't give a fuck anymore... they've built their brand, on ESPN/abc, I'm sure there will be stacked card here and there but will probably see shit like this quite often

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
UFC don't give a fuck anymore... they've built their brand, on ESPN/abc, I'm sure there will be stacked card here and there but will probably see shit like this quite often
The rare 'stacked' cards we get these days have no more thought put into them than the trash we get on the rest of the cards.

If they were actually thinking about these things, they wouldn't have such lopsided differences in the quality of some cards - they would try to balance them better.

It's just that sometimes a bunch of decent fights get thrown together at the same time purely by chance. And then the flipside is that none of these decent fighters are available, so the next card is full of bums.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The rare 'stacked' cards we get these days have no more thought put into them than the trash we get on the rest of the cards.

If they were actually thinking about these things, they wouldn't have such lopsided differences in the quality of some cards - they would try to balance them better.

It's just that sometimes a bunch of decent fights get thrown together at the same time purely by chance. And then the flipside is that none of these decent fighters are available, so the next card is full of bums.
I wouldn't say bums, but they do tend have have fighters on the lower end of thier pay scale filling out cards.

Look at Nate Vs chimaev card...

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I wouldn't say bums, but they do tend have have fighters on the lower end of thier pay scale filling out cards.

Look at Nate Vs chimaev card...
'Bum' isn't necessarily an indictment on their skills but rather an accurate description of their socioeconomic status considering what U Fight Cheap pays them.