UFC Atlantic City medical suspensions: 10 fighters out indefinitely, including Edson Barboza

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

While it definitely had its moments, the UFC’s trip to Atlantic City didn’t come across as an overly violent card overall. Six of the eleven fights went to decision, and some of them were pretty dull. But as mentioned, there were a few brutal segments - particularly at the hands of Siyar Bahadurzada, Dan Hooker, and the main event combatants.

The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board saw things a little differently though, handing out a bunch of indefinite medical suspensions that require fighters to be cleared by a doctor before they can get back to training. A total of 10 fighters were tagged with indefinite terms, including Edson Barboza, whose…

UFC Atlantic City medicals: Barboza out indefinitely

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
I wonder if there's any reality to the idea that some fighters refuse to fight in certain localz due to the commissions who govern them.

Also wonder if there's any reality to fighters who might not fight in a certain place due to the particular rule set they have in place. Thinking specifically about the difference between the new supposed "unified rules" compared to the old rules. Have you heard of anything like that FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC ? I have not... but I couldn't imagine that it's something that no one thinks about or even negotiates around. Especially more established & successful fighters. There's a lot more at stake & so it seems like a valid concern.

Allowing instant replay would be a top concern of mine. It's so f*cked when a ref is not allowed to take into account this modern technological advantage. So these fighters who put it all on the line get f*cked because the ref saw it wrong.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I wonder if there's any reality to the idea that some fighters refuse to fight in certain localz due to the commissions who govern them.

Also wonder if there's any reality to fighters who might not fight in a certain place due to the particular rule set they have in place. Thinking specifically about the difference between the new supposed "unified rules" compared to the old rules. Have you heard of anything like that FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC ? I have not... but I couldn't imagine that it's something that no one thinks about or even negotiates around. Especially more established & successful fighters. There's a lot more at stake & so it seems like a valid concern.

Allowing instant replay would be a top concern of mine. It's so f*cked when a ref is not allowed to take into account this modern technological advantage. So these fighters who put it all on the line get f*cked because the ref saw it wrong.
No idea buddy
Interesting query though

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So how come Frank Edgar got knocked out then two minutes later he's back in there fighting again?

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Edison was winning. He clearly was using his skull to break Lee's hands.