VID UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video, results

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

In the main event, Edson Barboza and Kevin Lee will have to make the lightweight limit of 155 pounds (with one-pound allowance).

The UFC Atlantic City ceremonial weigh-ins will be at 5 p.m. above.

Main card (FOX Sports 1 at 10 p.m. ET)

Edson Barboza (155.6) vs. Kevin Lee ()
Frankie Edgar (145.6) vs. Cub Swanson(145)
Chase Sherman (247) vs. Justin Willis(265.4)
David Branch (186) vs. Thiago Santos(185.8)
Aljamain Sterling (135.2) vs. Brett Johns(135.8)
Jim Miller (155.4) vs. Dan Hooker (155.6)

Undercard (FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET)

Ryan LaFlare (170.6) vs. Alex Garcia (171)
Magomed Bibulatov vs. Ulka Sasaki - Bibulatov withdrew due to back injury
Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. Luan Chagas(170)
Corey Anderson (205) vs. Patrick Cummins(205.6)

Undercard (UFC Fight Pass at 6:30 p.m. ET)

Leslie Smith (135.4) vs. Aspen Ladd (137.8)
Merab Dvalishvili (135.2) vs. Ricky Simon(135.8)
Tony Martin (170.6) vs. Keita Nakamura(170.6)

UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video, results

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I think they (UFC or even the commission) should really consider putting in an iron clad rule where if you miss weight two or three times, you can't compete at that weight anymore. Weight cutting is always going to be unpleasant but there are obviously people who are making crazy cuts where they're putting themselves at risk and it's a toss up as to whether or not they'll make the weight.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I think they (UFC or even the commission) should really consider putting in an iron clad rule where if you miss weight two or three times, you can't compete at that weight anymore. Weight cutting is always going to be unpleasant but there are obviously people who are making crazy cuts where they're putting themselves at risk and it's a toss up as to whether or not they'll make the weight.
Missing weight is unacceptable
Absolutely unacceptable and should get you cut immediately

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015

I dunno I think that's pretty lame on Leslie's part. It'd be one thing if her opponent came over a ridiculous amount, but to not accept the fight because of 1.8lbs? No excuse for missing weight, but come on. And Leslie wants to ask why they won't promote her more?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I dunno I think that's pretty lame on Leslie's part. It'd be one thing if her opponent came over a ridiculous amount, but to not accept the fight because of 1.8lbs? No excuse for missing weight, but come on. And Leslie wants to ask why they won't promote her more?
Its lame in a bunch of ways...but a contract is a contract and aspen failed her half of the bargain

blame is all on her IMO

who knows how diminished each fighter is from the cut

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015

Cut her

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

Leslie turned up, made weight and was ready to go. Her opponent misses weight and somehow this is on her? Why should there be any pressure on her at all? She doesn't have to accept 1 ounce over weight. This is completely on Aspen.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Leslie turned up, made weight and was ready to go. Her opponent misses weight and somehow this is on her? Why should there be any pressure on her at all? She doesn't have to accept 1 ounce over weight. This is completely on Aspen.
I don't think it's on Leslie at all, it's 100% Aspen's fault and she does have a history so no excuses.

But in my view there is a precedent that is set... and I can't think of a fighter off hand who refused to fight over a 1-2lb difference...

It may have happened... maybe someone can let me know... but I can't think of any off hand.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
But I do agree with you and Rambo John that the blame goes to the person not fulfilling their contract.

Maybe the UFC should set a precedent where if you miss weight you don't fight. Not for 80% of your purse, nothing.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Couple things

1- we all know that if Leslie were to lose this fight, that she’d likely be cut. If that happens she will likely lose some leverage with her campaign, no longer being a UFC fighter. By turning down the bout she will extend her contract and buy her at least a few more months to promote Project Spearhead.

2- I think if a fighter misses weight, the fight should be allowed to continue if the other fighter agrees. Mainly to not screw ticket buying fans. But overweight fighter is fined and suspended for 1 year, after fight if it continues. 2nd time 18 month suspension and forced to move up division. 3rd time 3 year suspension and contract pay cut in half upon return.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I don't think it's on Leslie at all, it's 100% Aspen's fault and she does have a history so no excuses.

But in my view there is a precedent that is set... and I can't think of a fighter off hand who refused to fight over a 1-2lb difference...

It may have happened... maybe someone can let me know... but I can't think of any off hand.
I've done it. Guy was known for missing weight and going back in huge. Out of principle, I refuse to fight people who miss weight. I've suffered, you do the same. If I let a guy miss 1lb, next I have to accept 2lbs. Then 5lbs. Where is the line?

I'll tell you; zero allowance. Make weight.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
If I let a guy miss 1lb, next I have to accept 2lbs. Then 5lbs. Where is the line?
This is a great point.......there isn’t one....you get the haters saying “he was scared”...”he should have let him fight”
Gtfo out of here.......be professional and do your job.....part of your job is to make weight.....if you can’t make the weight as part of your job, you can’t keep that job......especially not at that weight ever again........you lost your job at that weight.....

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
This is a great point.......there isn’t one....you get the haters saying “he was scared”...”he should have let him fight”
Gtfo out of here.......be professional and do your job.....part of your job is to make weight.....if you can’t make the weight as part of your job, you can’t keep that job......especially not at that weight ever again........you lost your job at that weight.....
Hmmm... maybe you guys are right... and I was too hard on Leslie......

I should be thanking her.... thanks to her decision.... this card is now........ 100% WMMA free!