UFC bantamweight champ Petr Yan blasts Cody Garbrandt for 'running away' to flyweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

UFC bantamweight champion Petr Yan and Cody Garbrandt continue to chirp at each other.

Garbrandt, a former UFC 135-pound champ, snapped a three-fight losing skid with a spectacular knockout over Raphael Assuncao last month at UFC 250. Yan (15-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) claimed the vacant bantamweight title with a fifth-round stoppage win over Jose Aldo earlier this month at UFC 251.

Garbrandt wasn’t impressed, poking at the champion’s performance by calling him too slow. “No Love” then responded to a fan suggestion that he should fight Yan next, saying that the two have “unfinished business” in reference to a backstage altercation at UFC 245.

But it appears that Garbrandt (12-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) has diverted his attention back to the idea of dropping down to flyweight, showing interest in a potential fight with newly crowned UFC 125-pound champ Deiveson Figueiredo....

Continue reading:

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
ha if the UFC are keen to put Cody Garbage in a title fight at bantamweight, ahead of Sterling... that's crazy. and while Cody would be getting a privileged ride, it could also severely hurt his career, by taking the toughest possible fight

I was over the fucking moon to see him ping Assuncao, clawing his way back up in status. he's had such a harsh run, why rush this recovery?

Cody/Fig sounds like a brilliant fight. but why rush to that as well? if he took on a top contender at FLW he would have a massive advantage, most likely bash them, gain momentum and bob's your uncle: title fight to become a 2-div champ.

in terms of risk/reward, than is way better than fighting Yan. fuck that.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
ha if the UFC are keen to put Cody Garbage in a title fight at bantamweight, ahead of Sterling... that's crazy. and while Cody would be getting a privileged ride, it could also severely hurt his career, by taking the toughest possible fight

I was over the fucking moon to see him ping Assuncao, clawing his way back up in status. he's had such a harsh run, why rush this recovery?

Cody/Fig sounds like a brilliant fight. but why rush to that as well? if he took on a top contender at FLW he would have a massive advantage, most likely bash them, gain momentum and bob's your uncle: title fight to become a 2-div champ.

Devieson will knock Cody stiff imho.. His chin is shot

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
fair play, you could well be right about that. which made him getting past Assuncao so sweet a result. surely to fight Petr would be asking for massive trouble.

to clarify, I didn't mean to suggest Cody would definitely become a 2-weight champ, just that the UFC could hype the shit out of the potential, and they could both earn points.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
fair play, you could well be right about that. which made him getting past Assuncao so sweet a result. surely to fight Petr would be asking for massive trouble.

to clarify, I didn't mean to suggest Cody would definitely become a 2-weight champ, just that the UFC could hype the shit out of the potential, and they could both earn points.
If his chin wasn't trash he could he 2 division Champ imho.. But all that glass in his chandelier makes me very beatable.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Yan is the 2nd weakest male UFC champion in UFC history after Dave Menne. He is the definition of a paper champ.

He fought for a vacant belt - where the holder isn't even actually retired - while ranked 4th against someone 0-1 in the division, after earning the shot vs a shot geriatric.

And here is feuding with a guy who is 1-3 in his last 4. It's weird that Yan escapes any hate.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015

Man I thought everyone enjoyed seeing Cody "hangin' with the boiiisss" garbrandt lose. Maybe it was just me?

T

The Big Guy

Cody "no chin" garbrant

He will get KOd at 125 or 135. I'll be laughing either way

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
#NeverForget

"You take two things with you when you die, your integrity, and your friends."

- Cody Garbrandt

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Man I thought everyone enjoyed seeing Cody "hangin' with the boiiisss" garbrandt lose. Maybe it was just me?
To be honest the "hanging with the boys"has grown on me as times gone by

He has taken these passed couple losses with class and came back with a cracking KO I'm excited to see him fight again