VID UFC breaks ground on new Headquarters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

I fucking hate photos like this.

YAY we threw some dirt around. NOW the project is real and official. We sure helped. Also we totally looked so cool.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I spare you all having to watch the video in full.

Shortened version:

Dana - 'THIS is where all the Reebok money is going, BITCHES!'

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Can anyone tell me the reasons for this? Will this be the rehab center as well as the offices, etc? Is it cheaper to buy land in Vegas than to rent office space?

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Can anyone tell me the reasons for this? Will this be the rehab center as well as the offices, etc? Is it cheaper to buy land in Vegas than to rent office space?
You might pass by the Chuck Liddell Lounge on your way to the UFC Athlete Health and Performance Center. You could head into the Anderson Silva Conference Room for a meeting. Should you be hungry, you could hit up the Ronda Rousey Restaurant – if the promotion’s private chef hasn’t whipped up something already.

“We’re still trying to figure it out,” UFC President Dana White said today during after a groundbreaking ceremony. “All the different rooms are named after some of the great fighters.
There will be more space for a better working environment, which White hopes will lead to more creativity when it comes to selling fights. But with 40,000 square feet – about 20 percent – of the building devoted to workout and rehabilitation facilities, the promotion aims to curtail one of its biggest adversaries: injuries.
New UFC complex includes Ronda Rousey Restaurant, Anderson Silva Conference Room | MMAjunkie

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ok, but why build somewhere new? Is it just land is that cheap in Vegas, or, conversely, office space that expensive?
Maybe you need to prove were all the money has gone in the lawsuit.
O we couldn't pay the fighters that much because we needed the gazillion dollars to build our new HQ, okeey you goofs!!?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why is the UFC involved in rehab? Rather I guess why is that in house and not out sourced?

What exactly does this look like? Someone you like is injured so the UFC will put the tab to make sure the show goes on? If you're not that important to the promotion do the existing teams and camps carry the brunt of rehab?

I would argue that none of this rehab Center is needed at all. There are world-class centers all over and the only reason to do this is that you need to spend the money on additional building space. Taxes and loan reasons would be why. It converts liquid capital into an asset.

What is actually needed for injuries is different incentives on how you pay your fighters and what costs are covered before during and after competition. fighters knowing that there is free rehab will do little to discourage injuries.

newjack900

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just being real, no fighters will be using these facilities right? I get that the UFC brass would like their own state of the art space to work in but I don't see the need to create a campus like they're ESPN or something. Between all of their on-air personalities (radio & tv) sports anchors, analysts, production crew for all the content they produce every day, it makes sense for them to basically create their own little community w restaurants, a gym, dorms, etc. Does the UFC really need all that? Seems like a lot of $$ for something that will be underutilized if they are counting on fighters to be coming in and out.