UFC champ Amanda Nunes: 'I'm not interested' in fighting Cris Cyborg right now

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Amanda Nunes made her feelings perfectly clear after dusting Ronda Rousey at UFC 207: She wants to become the first female two-division champion in UFC history.

Nunes, who defended her bantamweight title against former champ 'Rowdy' last year, already holds a TKO win over current women's featherweight champ Germaine de Randamie and would like to challenge her for the belt.

Despite de Randamie being ranked No. 1, however, many feel Cristiane Justino, better known as Cris Cyborg, is the best featherweight in the world. The Brazilian knockout artist has steamrolled through the competition, finishing all of her last seven fights via KO or TKO.

Nunes, though, told reporters at…

Nunes: 'I'm not interested' in fighting Cyborg right now

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
More like "I'm scared of her"

Where have we encountered this in the men's division lately, can't recall who it was, someone with a knee injury who was willing to fight a fighter who hasn't fought in 4 years with a bad knee but now needs surgery to avoid the number 1 contender or something like that.....

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Someone showed her one of Cyborg's fights, now she's all "the champ doesn't go to you, you come to the champ!!"

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Atleast she learned one technique from Rousey.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I never got the impression that Nunes was all that bright. I was wrong, avoiding Cyborg is the smartest thing she could ever do.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
She needs to get on that juice before she will face Cyborg is what that says to me.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Meh. Did you see Cyborg next to Megan Anderson? Do you think Conor McGregor is going to call out Cain Velasquez? I don't see why anyone thinks that someone who can make 135 at all should even be thinking about Cyborg.

Ridiculous to even suggest that Amanda Nunes should want to fight her. Honestly, even wanting to be a 145-lb champ shouldn't mean someone wants to fight Cyborg. If she gets that sick making 141, I have a hard time believing she's in the best of health making 145. She's just suffering from lack of a lightweight division, and the fact that she wants to steamroll everyone smaller than she is and pretend that makes her great.

Now that there are new rules, I only want to see Cyborg fight in California, and see how that plays out.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
So she wants to be a two-division champ only in a world where DeRendemie is the featherweight champ.

Fighters always full of equivocation in their words. Should clear things up!

"I'll fight anybody, anywhere, except these these circumstances."

I guess Ronda had it right? :confused:

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The women's division is still at least 10 years behind the men's in skill levels. Cyborg owns' the 145lb division and there are no real challengers.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Meh. Did you see Cyborg next to Megan Anderson? Do you think Conor McGregor is going to call out Cain Velasquez? I don't see why anyone thinks that someone who can make 135 at all should even be thinking about Cyborg.

Ridiculous to even suggest that Amanda Nunes should want to fight her. Honestly, even wanting to be a 145-lb champ shouldn't mean someone wants to fight Cyborg. If she gets that sick making 141, I have a hard time believing she's in the best of health making 145. She's just suffering from lack of a lightweight division, and the fact that she wants to steamroll everyone smaller than she is and pretend that makes her great.

Now that there are new rules, I only want to see Cyborg fight in California, and see how that plays out.
She weighs 170+ a few days out from a fight. She'd never get licensed. Fact is Cyborg cuts shitloads of weight to have a size advantage over whoever she fights. Making smaller fighters go up to fight her just makes that discrepancy worse. It's like asking TJ Dillashaw to move up to featherweight to fight Conor McGregor.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
She weighs 170+ a few days out from a fight. She'd never get licensed. Fact is Cyborg cuts shitloads of weight to have a size advantage over whoever she fights. Making smaller fighters go up to fight her just makes that discrepancy worse. It's like asking TJ Dillashaw to move up to featherweight to fight Conor McGregor.
Or asking Randy Couture to fight Brock Lesnar. Or a bunch of other fights where there's a big size/skill advantage and both people still agree to fight.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Or asking Randy Couture to fight Brock Lesnar. Or a bunch of other fights where there's a big size/skill advantage and both people still agree to fight.
It's slightly different at heavyweight because, as we've seen, there is a size to efficiency equation that has to be made. It's not a mistake that most champions fall into the 240 range, and not maxing out at 265. Regardless, the situations aren't even close to being equivalent, Randy was heavyweight champion when Brock came up, but after that went back down. I'd expect Nunes to face a challenger at her weight, and if she loses and thinks she would be better off at a lower weight to drop down. No one forced Randy to move up to face Brock.