UFC Fight Night 112: Live Discussion - June 25, 2017

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015
Any thoughts on Lee getting a 50K Performance of the Night Bonus? A stoppage that everyone thought was F'd Up, another "Mario at his Best" screw up and the UFC decides to give a 50K bonus for it !!!

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I tend to give fighters lots and lots of extra chances, but B.J. Penn, please fucking retire already.

I actually thought he would win this fight too. Siver's a good point fighter but he's old as fuck, doesn't have much of a ground game besides decent takedown defense, and lacks knockout power. I don't think there's another Featherweight on the roster whose both kind of a name and so tailor-made for B.J. Penn.

And yet Penn still lost. There's no reason for him to go on tarnishing his legacy.

Looking at his last five fights, I could give justifications for him to continue after every one of them until this one.

At least it went the distance and was competitive, that's the only silver lining, and all the more reason why he should step away now. The last thing we need is Penn becoming the next Jens Pulver.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Extremely professional response from the man who runs a 4 billion dollar company.
What should he have said? Yamasucky is a forced official who has ruined many fights which directly has an adverse effect on his company. Don't get me wrong, I think Dana is a Gimp, but he was right to call out Mario. Shits gone on too long. The commission pretends it doesn't happen but it does.

He is a shit ref and they should remove him

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I was just about to make a post about having ex fighters as refs, but then I thought about bias towards camps etc , and then I remembered a story from one of Forrest Griffin's books.

Basically he reffed a fight shitfaced and didn't stop it when a dude was clearly out and eating punches

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
What should he have said? Yamasucky is a forced official who has ruined many fights which directly has an adverse effect on his company. Don't get me wrong, I think Dana is a Gimp, but he was right to call out Mario. Shits gone on too long. The commission pretends it doesn't happen but it does.

He is a shit ref and they should remove him
You express your displeasure and put pressure on the commission behind the scenes then in public say you don't agree and have gone through the proper channels. This way no one gets upset and you will have an easier time when dealing with the commission. You don't go out in the open and start personally degrading an official like some fucking egotistical blowhard. Considering how often Dana fucks up he should keep his fucking mouth shut.

Could you see Coker doing this? There is a reason everyone respects and likes him and it directly relates to the way he deals with situations In private not through the media.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I didn't see a problem with stoppage, it seems everyone always wants controversy above everything else. Chiesa was done, he even did the little panic double-hand flail just before going out like Holly Holm did vs Tate.

Ref is allowed to stop fights before the actual tap, good job Yamasaki.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I didn't see a problem with stoppage, it seems everyone always wants controversy above everything else. Chiesa was done, he even did the little panic double-hand flail just before going out like Holly Holm did vs Tate.

Ref is allowed to stop fights before the actual tap, good job Yamasaki.
I think Yamasaki thought that Chiesa was out, and I can see how one would make that mistake. Chiesa's hands were dropping and you know what, I'll take it even further even if it sounds conspiracy theorish - I think Chiesa knew he was done and did that on purpose hoping that his opponent would relax his grip.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
We could do that if you will show up serious.
Does MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK have tmmac press passes? It seems he would be the logical choice for an mma journalist since he's proven he can write concisely and coherently, he's a huge mma superfan with a vast knowledge of the sport and lastly but most conveniently he's already going to be at every event anyway.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Does MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK have tmmac press passes? It seems he would be the logical choice for an mma journalist since he's proven he can write concisely and coherently, he's a huge mma superfan with a vast knowledge of the sport and lastly but most conveniently he's already going to be at every event anyway.
From my side it's a constant work in progress. Never really did any writing up until last year. But there's notthing more that I'd rather do than be this sites rep and see where it goes. I'm Slowly collecting the things that will make reporting easier such as mics and just got a new phone and tablet after mine broke about 6 months ago. The expensive long trips to mma events is an anomaly to this last year or so as I have ways to fly very cheap until the end of this year. But make no mistake if I go hard at this I plan to take over Las Vegas and the west coast:leftright::cheers: