UFC Fight Night 124 Live Discussion - 1/14/18

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results

Jeremy Stephens def. Doo Ho Choi via TKO (punches) at 2:36 of R2
Jessica-Rose Clark def. Paige VanZant via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Kamaru Usman def. Emil Meek via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Darren Elkins def. Michael Johnson via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:22 of R2
James Krause def. Alex White via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Polo Reyes def. Matt Frevola via KO (punch) at 1:00 of R1
Irene Aldana def. Talita Bernardo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Kyung Ho Kang def. Guido Cannetti via submission (triangle choke) at 4:53 of R1
Jessica Eye def. Kalindra Faria via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
JJ Aldrich def. Danielle Taylor via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Mads Burnell def. MIke Santiago via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
This card is pretty good, there are many interesting fights other than the Main and Co-main,

Meek/ Usman
Elkins/ Johnson
Alves / Cummings

I wish they place all the women fights on prelims, I know some people like to watch but nobody likes it more than the men fights

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I wish they place all the women fights on prelims, I know some people like to watch but nobody likes it more than the men fights
Anecdotal as hell but the last 2 or 3 events that I've watched with some friends who are barely even casual fans I've heard them perk up and really start paying attention when women were fighting. One friend was just muttering about random shit until the Esparza/Calvillo fight and he was shocked at how aggressive they were which really seemed to resonate.

Same thing for UFC Norfolk where one of my friends that went with me was zoning out until the Suarez fight.

My point being that to the average person it seems like aggression, sometimes in spite of skill, is far more entertaining than a fight between men that is super technical but very slow and methodical. Women very often "bring it" even if it's not very good to those of us that post on MMA forums.

Last edited:

802kmighty

Sub adubba dub dub!
Aug 25, 2015
It's crappy thats all this happen the past few days before tomorrow night. The Whittaker is out announcement at the same time has me bumming. I am curious why Pagie posted prays up for Hall and said it was scariest thing shes seen in her life. Thats some sketchy shit maybe a seizure?
I had just watched a interview on mmajunkie with him about how good he feels and how he has embraced his bad ass. Then I see this report and they said he told them earlier about how horrible he felt with the death of coach Follis and how he was breaking. So I wonder if its weight cut or something else.
I was looking forward to all of the fights that got cancelled. I guess Jan 13 2018 is a disappointing day.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It's crappy thats all this happen the past few days before tomorrow night. The Whittaker is out announcement at the same time has me bumming. I am curious why Pagie posted prays up for Hall and said it was scariest thing shes seen in her life. Thats some sketchy shit maybe a seizure?
I had just watched a interview on mmajunkie with him about how good he feels and how he has embraced his bad ass. Then I see this report and they said he told them earlier about how horrible he felt with the death of coach Follis and how he was breaking. So I wonder if its weight cut or something else.
I was looking forward to all of the fights that got cancelled. I guess Jan 13 2018 is a disappointing day.

View: https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/952264233948975104

So yeah.. He appeared to have had a seizure. I'd bet that it wasn't a true seizure though. Your body does a lot of crazy shit when you're dehydrated and a lot more when you're passing out. Combine the two and you have a recipe for a clusterfuck. Most likely rough syncope, which looks like a seizure but isn't really a seizure by definition.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
As someone that slipped in the shower last Sunday and is bruised from the top of my head to my hip, I feel for that guy. It's brutal and scary how fast that shit can happen.

My tub wasn't draining right and when I bent over to check the drain my feet shot out from under me, I crashed onto the top of my head, and have been finding sweet bruises ever since.

Nov 21, 2015
Damn that sucks for him. All that time put in during camp, only to have an accident like that, not get paid, and have to do it all over again...then have mouth breathers talking shit on social media.
Yep! When completely ill timed and totally unwarranted shit like that happens
to a guy it just makes you realize there can't be any god and if there is one then
he most certainly doesn't give a fuck about you.

802kmighty

Sub adubba dub dub!
Aug 25, 2015

View: https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/952264233948975104

So yeah.. He appeared to have had a seizure. I'd bet that it wasn't a true seizure though. Your body does a lot of crazy shit when you're dehydrated and a lot more when you're passing out. Combine the two and you have a recipe for a clusterfuck. Most likely rough syncope, which looks like a seizure but isn't really a seizure by definition.
Thanks for the answer I think I posted on here to quickly I hadn't noticed the yhread stating it was off. I had guessed seizures because of the time it happened on Tuf but truthfully don't know anything about that sort of stuff. I read today he's ok and I am glad but it just adds to the frustrating history of Hall that my fanboy side has had. I think he's great then something happens gets to the point where I say no more I am no longer sold on him.
Too bad for Mr.Cummings as well thats a nasty spilt. Incredibly bad luck days before the fight.