UFC Fight Night 154 Live Discussion - 6/22/19

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Cooked that tonight
did my first whole tri tip on monday, actually cooked 2(total of 5.5 lbs)(38 bucks for 5.5 lbs of prime tri tip at costco here)

did it on my super basic weber grill with hardwood charcoal...was really easy and turned out amazing...just finished eating it all last night

marinated it for 24 hours with a rub and some olive oil...getting another sunday to run it back...so tasty

how do you cook yours?

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
did my first whole tri tip on monday, actually cooked 2(total of 5.5 lbs)(38 bucks for 5.5 lbs of prime tri tip at costco here)

did it on my super basic weber grill with hardwood charcoal...was really easy and turned out amazing...just finished eating it all last night

marinated it for 24 hours with a rub and some olive oil...getting another sunday to run it back...so tasty

how do you cook yours?

T

The Big Guy

how do you cook yours?
I use a tomato garlic and basil dry rub for about 12hrs and then i grill them. They soak up alot of flavor the meat has a loose grain profile and it makes its own sauce almost. I eat it like 2 times a week with different vegtables sides

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

how do you cook yours?
Fat side up in the oven is awesome. I put it in at 425 for about an hour (longer if you have 5.5lbs) and I have yet to have anyone not love it.

On the grill you really need to trim off the fat or you've got a fire on your hands.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I use a tomato garlic and basil dry rub for about 12hrs and then i grill them. They soak up alot of flavor the meat has a loose grain profile and it makes its own sauce almost. I eat it like 2 times a week with different vegtables sides
was amazed how much flavor they take in

salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, roasted red/hot pepper powder from garden....I could taste every flavor

the lady couldn't stop complimenting my meat all weak long

T

The Big Guy

Fat side up in the oven is awesome. I put it in at 425 for about an hour (longer if you have 5.5lbs) and I have yet to have anyone not love it.

On the grill you really need to trim off the fat or you've got a fire on your hands.
I like the fire. I keep my grill real clean usually and dont trim shit. Its not really a issue but i get mine from a butcher so maybe they are pre trimmed

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Sincerely informative. I may have to give that a go.

T

The Big Guy

salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, roasted red/hot pepper powder from garden....I could taste every flavor

I keep telling people but noone believes. I like them better than filet mignon or ny strips. They are way better

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

I do simple sea salt (sometimes lawry's) and black pepper, then cut slim pockets in it and stuff with slivers of fresh garlic. Off the chain.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

sounds great, will try that in winter

I kept it away from flame whole time, never even seared over flame...by the time I tested temp it was already 135 so I pulled it...was perfect...planned on doing a sear to finish after getting temp to 115

did a half coals on one side of circle deal...one half was direct flame and the tri tips were on the "cold" side

fat may have been trimmed already...I don't know...I usually buy and cook the strips of tri tip, was my first whole try tips(2-2.5 lbers)