UFC Fight Night 157 Andrade vs. Zhang - Aug 31/19

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Complete Results

Weili Zhang def. Jessica Andrade by TKO (strikes) at 0:42 of Round One
Li Jingliang def. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos by TKO (punches) at 4:51 of Round Three
Kai Kara-France def. Mark De La Rosa by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
Song Kenan Derrick Krantz by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Mizuki Inoue def. Wu Yanan by split decision (28-29, 29-28 x2)
Anthony Hernandez def. Jun Yong Park via second round submission (anaconda choke)
Su Mudaerji def. Andre Soukhamthath via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-25)
Da Un Jung def. Khadis Ibragimov via third round submission (standing guillotine choke)
Damir Ismagulov def. Thiago Moises via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Alateng Heili def. Danaa Batgerel via unanimous decision (29-27 on all cards)
Karol Rosa def. Lara Procopio via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)

Last edited by a moderator:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this will have the lowest ratings ever. why are they even bothering with a card like this?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Sheepdog @lordofthepies PM'd me about how excited he is for this card
At least with this card there is a tacit admission that it’s not meant for western audiences. It’s just a blatant attempt to install a Chinese champion and is not meant to be treated as a real card or actually watched.

I understand the UFC’s desire for that sweet Chinese cash but I think they are overestimating the viability of the market. The Chinese are still backwards as fuck when it comes to martial arts culture - I mean they were still having MMA fighter vs Kung Fu and Shaolin grand master fights only in the last few years. This nonsense is far more embedded in the culture than it ever was in the US.

It will take at least another decade before we see a solid base of Chinese fighters to promote and even that might be ambitious.

M

member 3289

At least with this card there is a tacit admission that it’s not meant for western audiences. It’s just a blatant attempt to install a Chinese champion and is not meant to be treated as a real card or actually watched.

I understand the UFC’s desire for that sweet Chinese cash but I think they are overestimating the viability of the market. The Chinese are still backwards as fuck when it comes to martial arts culture - I mean they were still having MMA fighter vs Kung Fu and Shaolin grand master fights only in the last few years. This nonsense is far more embedded in the culture than it ever was in the US.

It will take at least another decade before we see a solid base of Chinese fighters to promote and even that might be ambitious.
How does it feel not having go to the pub midday to watch a UFC event?

Shit card aside, is it better or are you used to the Sunday morning/afternoon timeframe?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
How does it feel not having go to the pub midday to watch a UFC event?

Shit card aside, is it better or are you used to the Sunday morning/afternoon timeframe?
Sunday afternoon is 100x better. I've been in the US and Canada for plenty of cards and don't like the late-night Saturday timeframe. West coast is fine but fuck being in the east. Watching an MMA card until after midnight on a Saturday/Sunday is shit.

We still have a stronger enduring culture of watching sport in general in the afternoon, particularly in the Aussie Rules states, than the US where bigger events have been taken over by ratings considerations. Obviously west coasters in the US get early start times, but this is a result of catering to east coast television.

Perth gets screwed over sometimes for the same ratings considerations here, but if you live in Perth you deserve to be spat on like the dog that you are.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Sunday afternoon is 100x better. I've been in the US and Canada for plenty of cards and don't like the late-night Saturday timeframe. West coast is fine but fuck being in the east. Watching an MMA card until after midnight on a Saturday/Sunday is shit.

We still have a stronger enduring culture of watching sport in general in the afternoon, particularly in the Aussie Rules states, than the US where bigger events have been taken over by ratings considerations. Obviously west coasters in the US get early start times, but this is a result of catering to east coast television.

Perth gets screwed over sometimes for the same ratings considerations here, but if you live in Perth you deserve to be spat on like the dog that you are.
I live in Perth.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
wtf does this mean that it starts at 12 am on the west coast and ends like at 5 am

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I guess if you don't put anybody on the card you can play it whenever you want

will check results

maybe

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
This little woman in the main event is "chinese, female wanderlei silva" or some other bullshit spin one of the talking heads vomited onto the mic last card she was on.

Can she beat Androgenous, better question who the fuck cares.