UFC Fight Night 84: LIVE Discussion - 2/27/16 (Start Times Inside)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
I'm one of the biggest Anderson fans that you'll ever encounter but he is responsible for this loss. He took way too much time off during the fight and it cost him on the scorecards.

I thought that he may have done enough to win due to how much damage he caused but I knew that the close rounds would be tricky because of Bisping's output... Even if it wasn't "effective" striking the judges are going to score it for him when Anderson isn't doing anything.

I wish that it went to Anderson but I totally understand it going to Bisping on the scorecards.
Exactly.

That's why I can't stand the clowning, too me, it shows he doesn't take the fight seriously enough. He's not doing what needs to be done to secure those rounds.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
Bisping was more aggressive and accurate imo. Anderson seemed gun shy. I hope he calls it quits. I don't feel like seeing him going out like Liddell. If Bisping can almost knock u out with his weak hand, your chin is suspect.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
That "knockdown" in the 3rd wasn't a knockdown. Bisping was OUT. In my opinion Herb Dean got it wrong. The fight should've been over at the end of the 3rd. Regardless I still scored the fight for Anderson. People are saying that it's based on rounds, yes it is BUT those rounds are based on effective striking grappling aggression DAMAGE and octagon control. This reminds me of the gsp Hendricks fight. Albeit this one was quite a bit closer than that one was, still, cmon guys. I bash your face in, knock u unconscious at one point, and leave without a mark and you win?

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Great fight. There were some great moments throughout and a lot of classic Anderson Silva shown in this fight... I still don't get as excited for any other fights ever as much as when Silva fights.

Not completely surprised with the decision. 1-2 were for Bisping. 3-5 were for Silva. Not much controversy there. The 4th round, Silva was just clowning for 4 and a half minutes, Bisping definitely had more offense for that amount of time but everything he had was given to him by Silva who decided to pull his wall dancing routine (which is both aggravating and fun at the same time as a fan) and then Silva did more damage in the last 30 seconds than Bisping did the rest of the round.

Personally I would've given that 4th round to Silva based his connections at the end doing a lot more damage but not surprised to see it go to Bisping as Silva stood with his back to the cage while dodging punches for 90% of the round and not many judges are going to give you points for that in the UFC.

Anyways, nice to see Bisping show some class in his post fight speech which seemed genuine and very respectful, and it's always a pleasure and a treat to be able to watch Anderson Silva fight... even if it can be frustrating as all hell at times.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Some idiot getting married when sport is on? Needs to sort it out.
Anniversary mass for my Auntie, good oul craic in the house after but I wasn't asking them to watch mma:p. Bisping is a beautiful son of a bitch though what? That was some performance.