UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs Henderson 3 - Discussion 11/7/15

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
I know he is ranked 4th but I don't care about him fighting 3rd or whatever. Lately I see fans tripping on guys not ranked right next to eachother fighting. IMO I like the classic model that says anyone vs anyone in the rankings is a valid fight, and sometimes cross weight class fights and guys fighting unranked dudes works too. How else can we aerate the divisions and have upheaval and historic upsets? Plus rankings are not objective lists of who is the best. They are subjective and sometimes match up determine who can beat who.
there's no point to rankings then.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
there's no point to rankings then.
Man, no body used to think like this. MMA doesn't make sense with this rigid view of rankings because of the unpredictability and how styles make fights. Number 9 vs number 3, if this sport is worth anything, should still be a great fight. And anyone in the top ten could make a case for a title fight depending on their situation. It allows for more variability in match ups and more room for crazy upsets. Guys who want only the same number 3 dudes fighting eachother would keep Randy vs Tim moments from ever happening. No way man. I like the magic in the sport.

If there are 50-80 guys in a weight class, then it really stretches logic to say that two guys in the top ten don't deserve to fight if they aren't ranked right next to eachother. Don't you think it would be boring if we only ever matched the same few guys?

Man, no body used to think like this. MMA doesn't make sense with this rigid view of rankings because of the unpredictability and how styles make fights. Number 9 vs number 3, if this sport is worth anything, should still be a great fight. And anyone in the top ten could make a case for a title fight depending on their situation. It allows for more variability in match ups and more room for crazy upsets. Guys who want only the same number 3 dudes fighting eachother would keep Randy vs Tim moments from ever happening. No way man. I like the magic in the sport.

If there are 50-80 guys in a weight class, then it really stretches logic to say that two guys in the top ten don't deserve to fight if they aren't ranked right next to eachother. Don't you think it would be boring if we only ever matched the same few guys?
Mmmmmm.....Emerry makes a god point...As a fan I just WANT BLOOD!

Let me sleep on it.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
Emmery Myers @Emmery Myers i don't disagree with what you're saying. i get your point entirely...

there's just no reason to have people ranked in a division if a fighter doesn't have to go thru the ranks to get a title shot.

Last edited:

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Look. I started drinking at 11 am on a free bottle of Gallo from the Arabian man at the corner store. Ate some funions. I'm on bottle 2 and about to go see pussy on a pole. Ain't my money

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
Emmery Myers @Emmery Myers i don't disagree with what you're saying. i get your point entirely...

there's just no reason to have people ranked in a division if a fighter doesn't have to go thru the ranks to get a title shot.
I don't see evidence that has really happened. Sometimes people point to McGregor but when you look at the list of all of Aldo's other opponents, he is as qualified or more qualified vs almost all other FW contenders in the division's Zuffa history. And I realize the sport needs a bit of showmanship and spectacle and sizzle, so I don't mind the occasional Lesnar or Rousey or someone getting an early crack.(and look how they panned out, they ended up winning and going on sport building runs as champions anyway)

99% of contenders are highly ranked guys and gals who have earned their shots.

Just dropping in to say...Hate me...I absorb it and project love.

Thx.. guys... I love you like Joemacka @Joemacka after 2 shàndys.

Hey Joe

Much love buddy... I can handle a laugh. ;)

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
Just posted the highlightshttp://themmacommunity.com/threads/ufc-fightnight-77-highlights.8816/

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I think this is what vitor said

Capitão Nascimento: Mr. 02, you'll never make it through this course, you know why? It's not because you are fucking weak and have no fiber. It's because you're a crooked cop, Mr. 02, and to wear this badge
[taps the skull badge]
Capitão Nascimento: you gotta have character. You don't belong here, Mr. 02, you belong with the hookers and the pimps, Mr. 02. You belong with the abortion clinics. Crooked cops don't join BOPE, Mr. 02.
Tropa do Élite FTW.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Early stoppage in the Hendo/Vitor fight. It was a flash knockdown. Also, Cummings looked horrible. Not the explosive fighter I'm used to seeing with his takedowns. He looked really slow and lethargic. Too bad he lost. It would have been a huge victory and sent him higher in the rankings. I don't know who is training his boxing but he needs to find someone else.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Early stoppage in the Hendo/Vitor fight. It was a flash knockdown. Also, Cummings looked horrible. Not the explosive fighter I'm used to seeing with his takedowns. He looked really slow and lethargic. Too bad he lost. It would have been a huge victory and sent him higher in the rankings. I don't know who is training his boxing but he needs to find someone else.
Definitely not an early stoppage. The stoppage was just IMO , you see even though it was a flash knockout with the prevalence of brain trauma in the last years any time a fighters arms go limp even just for a split second before they recover and come back too (just like hendo did) why risk it and let hendo possibly get concussed ? I mean do you really think Belfort would of ceased all ground and pound and let hendo recover if the ref didn't step in? I mean it's totally possible he could of recovered but why risk it you know what I mean? Especially considering the wars hendo has already been in there's no point in trying to let him comeback but a huge flask KO like that

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Definitely not an early stoppage. The stoppage was just IMO , you see even though it was a flash knockout with the prevalence of brain trauma in the last years any time a fighters arms go limp even just for a split second before they recover and come back too (just like hendo did) why risk it and let hendo possibly get concussed ? I mean do you really think Belfort would of ceased all ground and pound and let hendo recover if the ref didn't step in? I mean it's totally possible he could of recovered but why risk it you know what I mean? Especially considering the wars hendo has already been in there's no point in trying to let him comeback but a huge flask KO like that
I've seen worse beatings continue. Vitor wasn't landing anything clean on the ground.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
I've seen worse beatings continue. Vitor wasn't landing anything clean on the ground.
I've seen worse beatings where the fighter has comeback to win, but like I pointed out prior .. Why risk it? And it's not like hendo is some young man in his prime who hasn't seen some grizzled battles like hendo has. The main reason why I think it was a good stoppage is because I'm a huge hendo fan and I would of hated to see him take more damage so I might be a little biased . but I always like to say when it comes to controversial stoppages "better early than late" nothings worse than a late stoppage and there's no point in letting it go that far anyways

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I've seen worse beatings where the fighter has comeback to win, but like I pointed out prior .. Why risk it? And it's not like hendo is some young man in his prime who hasn't seen some grizzled battles like hendo has. The main reason why I think it was a good stoppage is because I'm a huge hendo fan and I would of hated to see him take more damage so I might be a little biased . but I always like to say when it comes to controversial stoppages "better early than late" nothings worse than a late stoppage and there's no point in letting it go that far anyways
He wasn't out and was still trying to defend himself. I'm all for fighter safety but a ref needs to realize the difference between a flash knockdown where a fighter is momentarily stunned and a full blown KO where a fighter can't intelligently defend himself. He was trying to defend himself. It's not the worse stoppage I've ever seen but in this case it was bad nonetheless.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
. I'm all for fighter safety but a ref needs to realize the difference between a flash knockdown where a fighter is momentarily stunned and a full blown KO where a fighter can't intelligently defend himself
I don't think you realize how serious brain trauma is do you? Flash KOs are dangerous , anytime you go limp and drop to the floor even if you can recover it should be stopped .

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
Gleison Tibau vs. Abel Trujillo was a horrible stoppage as well. Really what the fuck was that?
I certainly agree with you on this one ! Anyone who's ever trained grappling could tell Trujillo was trying to turn into the choke and not going out. that was a horrible stoppage