UFC Fight Night - Edgar vs Munhoz- Aug 22

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 08-22-20

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
If you’re a boxer, you know that there’s nothing harder than a counter punch. Those hurt the most, because it’s your forward momentum running into a hard shot. Frankie was playing the matador tonight. Yea sure Munhoz was the bull coming forward, but FRankie had his moments everytime he wanted to have a moment and play the counter game. HE was letting flurries go. Very close fight. Bigger shot seemed to be from Munhoz when you look at torque in the punch, but appearances don’t mean shit when you don’t rock the other guy not even once, and he manages to rock you in the most important round of the fight.. the 5th in a tight fight is the money round. Munhoz got rocked in the most important round. He recovered right away, sure, but it was the most significant moment in the fight.

T

The Big Guy

What won Frankie that fight is how he ate those shots from Munhoz. Munhoz landed some homeruns, but Frankie’s chin held up. He didn’t wobble on any of them. Had he been wobbled by any of them, those big punches would have swung rounds. He made them look like average punches, and that imo kept the fight from slipping away from him. A big punch is only as big as the effect it has on your opponent, and in terms of reaction Frankie had the biggest punch of the fight when he wobbled Munhoz in the 5th with a heavy one. So happy Frankie pulled off the decision. Very close fight, and interpreting it was difficult given the style of action going on..
1598152149252.png

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Bones I can’t see your post
3-2 Edgar
M
During mizuki and lemos you said pitter patter didnt matter
Pitter patter doesn’t matter, but Munhoz face was busted up. He was leaking! Does that look like pitter patter to you? Lemos was cracking the fuck out that girl, all that girl could do is hold on the cage. Completely different fight. HOw much holding did Frankie do? ?

T

The Big Guy

Bones I can’t see your post

M

Pitter patter doesn’t matter, but Munhoz face was busted up. He was leaking! Does that look like pitter patter to you? Lemos was cracking the fuck out that girl, all that girl could do is hold on the cage. Completely different fight. HOw much holding did Frankie do? ?
I'm still your friend fren

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If you’re a boxer, you know that there’s nothing harder than a counter punch. Those hurt the most, because it’s your forward momentum running into a hard shot. Frankie was playing the matador tonight. Yea sure Munhoz was the bull coming forward, but FRankie had his moments everytime he wanted to have a moment and play the counter game. HE was letting flurries go. Very close fight. Bigger shot seemed to be from Munhoz when you look at torque in the punch, but appearances don’t mean shit when you don’t rock the other guy not even once, and he manages to rock you in the most important round of the fight.. the 5th in a tight fight is the money round. Munhoz got rocked in the most important round. He recovered right away, sure, but it was the most significant moment in the fight.
4ce6bs.jpg

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
As promised earlier...? Crazy! I didn’t see any path to victory for Dobson, had 0% faith she could win the fight. I still think Agapova dove...lol But hey I’ll take it! 6239380E-1C84-4631-A59C-0FD8DAF38CF9.png

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Best knockout of the night didn’t even happen on this card. Shot heard around the world was Alexander Povetkin’s uppercut KO of Dillian Whyte. Out cold!

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Here are the media scores for last night’s main event. I’m really surprised to see them heavily in Munhoz’s favor. It seemed like the majority of us commenting in this thread during the fight had Edgar. We once again prove ourselves the smartest forum in MMA.
13A1F60A-857C-4CF5-816B-CEB845E8B91E.jpeg

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Here are the media scores for last night’s main event. I’m really surprised to see them heavily in Munhoz’s favor. It seemed like the majority of us commenting in this thread during the fight had Edgar. We once again prove ourselves the smartest forum in MMA.
View attachment 13644
How can we get MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK on that list? Only from what I have seen on this site I thinks hes seen more fights than all of them. I havent heard of half of those people (sites yes but people no).

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
How can we get MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK on that list? Only from what I have seen on this site I thinks hes seen more fights than all of them. I havent heard of half of those people (sites yes but people no).
I’d put myself as a -10000 favorite
I’ve seen roughly 2,500 in person alone