UFC Fight Night Fairfax Salaries

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
For sure it would. Even back in the sponsor hay day I heard stories about guys getting month allowances so they could train full time and that was payed for by the sponsors. I'm sure a few of the top guys still get these kind of deals but not most. It would be nice to get a monthly check so I could focus all of my attention on fighting. I think that as the sport hopefully grows and a union is eventually formed thats where we'll be headed. Fighters who go into contract are guaranteed a certain amount each month while that contract is in tact, plus health benefits. Until then though, it's one of those things where you just have to make the best of it. With all that said, I'll still stand by the fact that the UFC treats its fighters better than any other promotion. You get paid better, get more exposure, get "discretionary" checks a few weeks after your fight, and get accidental health insurance, whatever that means haha. I got a staph infection a few months back and they covered the medical bill 100%, so that was cool.
Cody, if you don't mind, tell us a bit about the discretionary bonuses. You dont have to give the amount, but many here seem to think Zuffa is blowing smoke when they say they're giving backroom bonuses. How often are they given, and are they significant enough to help you subsidize your income?

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding