UFC Fight Night- Jung vs Ortega- Live DiscussionThread- Oct 17th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 10-17-20

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Ortega looked outstanding tonight, I didn’t see him picking Jung apart like that, was great to watch.

He matches up well with Volk, dangerous everywhere, going to be a great fight, I like his chances.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
50-45 Ortega
As good as Ortega looked, Zombie also looked relatively shit by his standards.

In MMA we've become used to the idea that a 33-year-old is still a relatively young fighter, but in boxing and most other sports, you are becoming an old man.

It's not like he looked shot, but he looked like he has lost a step. And credit where it is due, Ol' Dreamy Eyes more than took advantage of it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

In MMA we've become used to the idea that a 33-year-old is still a relatively young fighter, but in boxing and most other sports, you are becoming an old man.

It's not like he looked shot, but he looked like he has lost a step. And credit where it is due, Ol' Dreamy Eyes more than took advantage of it.
He looked like shit after Brian clobbered him with a back elbow. Before that it was very competitive

M

member 3289

I just think Ortega had his number tonight. Ortega was very prepared for that fight, more so than Zombie. Zombie was winning round 2 and seemed to be finding a groove but then got elbowed/dropped and fought understandably cautiously the rest ofthe fight. With a different approach, it's possible Zombie could win that fight, but it's not a rematch we should see any time soon.

Volk beats Ortega.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He looked like shit after Brian clobbered him with a back elbow. Before that it was very competitive
I should emphasize that he hardly looked shot or anything like that. I agree that it was Ortega who made him tentative in the later rounds. Zombie looked pretty good in round 2 before Ortega put him down.

But even in round 1, I turned to the milk shitters I am watching the fights with and said that Zombie looks just a touch slower.

Mainly the story of the fight is how good Ortega looked. Zombie just could have been a bit better.