UFC Fight Night Ladd vs Dumont - Oct 16th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 10-16-21

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Seriously though, fuck Aspen Ladd’s coach. There is a difference between giving your fighter a wake up call and berating her. What a horrible motivator. She needed confidence and simple direction, not “what is the matter with you? Tell me what you are doing in there.”
She's going to break up with him soon because he just left coach mode and went into bad husband mode.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Seriously though, fuck Aspen Ladd’s coach. There is a difference between giving your fighter a wake up call and berating her. What a horrible motivator. She needed confidence and simple direction, not “what is the matter with you? Tell me what you are doing in there.”
Guy threw her under the bus for the cameras. He embarrassed her in order to save face. That was the worst coaching I’ve ever seen.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I think he’s going to take a lot of heat and criticism and he deserves it.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I'm sad I missed out on the controversy.

The thing that truly elevates WMMA is the omnipresent underlying feeling that literally all these women are being abused, so it's really wholesome and heartwarming when it bubbles to the surface.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I have to think he knows her personality better than we do so it's hard for me to say he was wrong for saying it, but it's worth noting that we've seen that happen countless times with male fighters and no one has a problem with it. We certainly don't see other fighters tweeting that it's "Abuse".

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fight game is full of coachies talking shit to fighters to call them out when they are gassed or borderline breaking in fights.

I didn't catch all the commentary being discussed so I can't speak to it really.

She did respond and she did appear to have another gear she wasn't using.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I have to think he knows her personality better than we do so it's hard for me to say he was wrong for saying it, but it's worth noting that we've seen that happen countless times with male fighters and no one has a problem with it. We certainly don't see other fighters tweeting that it's "Abuse".
Yeah, there's nothing at all different about a grown male coach yelling at his grown male student and a boyfriend verbally abusing his girlfriend in public.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I’m sure that will be the song their camp sings. Male or female, I’m just saying that “coaching” technique has a low rate of success and reeked of desperation not leadership.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Tate was in a relationship with one of her coaches, so she might see it through a different lens.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah, there's nothing at all different about a grown male coach yelling at his grown male student and a boyfriend verbally abusing his girlfriend in public.
I believe he is also one of those coaches that starting coaching her when she has underage and transferred that to boyfriend the moment she turned 18.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Tate was in a relationship with one of her coaches, so she might see it through a different lens.
Tate also accused Ladd of cheating 2 weeks ago and her coach told Tate to fuck off. So Tate might not be the best measuring stick for Ladd and her coach.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I’m sure that will be the song their camp sings. Male or female, I’m just saying that “coaching” technique has a low rate of success and reeked of desperation not leadership.
I don't disagree it's a shit strategy, I said as much when he started doing it in the 3rd.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Is there such thing as a WMMA fighter that isn't in a relationship with a coach, fellow fighter training partner or isn't coached by their dad?

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Tate also accused Ladd of cheating 2 weeks ago and her coach told Tate to fuck off. So Tate might not be the best measuring stick for Ladd and her coach.
Yeah I know. Ladd was pretty respectful in her response but her coach went scorched earth. ESPN edited a lot of the corner work so I’m not entirely sure what he said. It has different optics when you look at it from a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.
He wasn’t wrong though. She looked like shit those first 3 rounds.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Is there such thing as a WMMA fighter that isn't in a relationship with a coach, fellow fighter training partner or isn't coached by their dad?
I don’t know. Tate and Caraway were together for a long time. I’m assuming Ladd and her coach might have something quite similar to that.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yeah I know. Ladd was pretty respectful in her response but her coach went scorched earth. ESPN edited a lot of the corner work so I’m not entirely sure what he said. It has different optics when you look at it from a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.
He wasn’t wrong though. She looked like shit those first 3 rounds.
To be clear, I don't think it's a good strategy, but people are jumping to some wild conclusions.