UFC Fight Night- Live Discussion - Vettori vs Hermansson- Dec 5th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 12-05-20

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Neither Sarjara Eubanks or Angela Hill is on the card? Obviously fake news.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Vettori is the guy who beat Izzy
I don't remember that fight well, but I remember not even considering that Vettori won. I thought it was just a shit fight that Izzy edged. Media scores were 15-2 in Israel's favor.

This stinks of Khabib vs Tibau-style revisionist history. Just like Khabib still actually edged that fight out, I'm sure Izzy won this fight too.

M

member 3289

I don't remember that fight well, but I remember not even considering that Vettori won. I thought it was just a shit fight that Izzy edged. Media scores were 15-2 in Israel's favor.

This stinks of Khabib vs Tibau-style revisionist history. Just like Khabib still actually edged that fight out, I'm sure Izzy won this fight too.
I don't remember it either because I didn't watch it. Not even the first time. I think it was on the undercard and I was omw to wherever I was going to watch the main card.

29-28 Vettori

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Is there a decent year end card coming up or are they just garbage from here on out?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Is there a decent year end card coming up or are they just garbage from here on out?
Both cards after this one are good in terms of depth, it's just the main events that are underwhelming.

I have heard of everyone on the main cards for both of them, and a lot of the prelim fighters. By 2020 MMA standards, that's 'stacked'.

But covid will quickly erode that depth. It will probably be UFC Fight Night: Sijara Eubanks vs Lunch Lady by the time it rips through all the fighter camps.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

lol at media scores....the media considers Kevin Iholhee a source

M

member 3289

Interesting thing about Izzy is, he has 5 kickboxing losses and 2 are to Alex Pereira, one being a ko
I was talking about this with @George Thoros because Pereira is doing MMA now.

You have to think Pereira eventually signs with the UFC.

Because Izzy doesn't grapple, does that mean Pereira should beat him in an MMA fight just like he did twice in kickboxing fights?

I don't know enough about any rule differences between MMA and kickboxing that are specifically related to striking to say that Pereira would beat Izzy for sure. In other words, I don't know that striking in kickboxing is the same as striking in MMA when the threat of takedowns/grappling is nonexistent.

M

member 1013

I was talking about this with @George Thoros because Pereira is doing MMA now.

You have to think Pereira eventually signs with the UFC.

Because Izzy doesn't grapple, does that mean Pereira should beat him in an MMA fight just like he did twice in kickboxing fights?

I don't know enough about any rule differences between MMA and kickboxing that are specifically related to striking to say that Pereira would beat Izzy for sure. In other words, I don't know that striking in kickboxing is the same as striking in MMA when the threat of takedowns/grappling is nonexistent.
Just admit you know less about fighting than guys like Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken and me