UFC Fight Night Oct 10- Moraes vs Sandhagen - Live Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 10-10-20

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
How did that grazing shot with the achilles knock him down? That was like Cropcop vs. Dos Caras Jr.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Beautiful kick but early stoppage. Goddard jumped in before we could see if Moraes had his witts about him. I didn’t see his eyes roll back and it seemed like he was throwing his legs into guard. Not the worst stoppage but a wee bit early IMO.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Looking at the replays, I'm not buying the stoppage. I don't see where he was hurt. Looked like he fell to a roll (rolling with the shot) expecting a heel to make contact, then was hit by 2 or 3 punches, but the kick didn't land. It was glancing with the achilles making contact, maybe some lower calf as well. I don't get that at all.

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
At what point was that fight worth stopping? Moraes was looking to throw up his guard right when this desperate ref decided to end the fight. Man let the fight play out. Are we now in a sport that gets stopped the moment one guy drops? I mean Marlon was conscious and defending evidenced by his little roll. Tf is this sport turning into? BOXING?

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
I’m not ok with refs deciding fights off of glancing blows. That knockdown wasn’t a fight ending blow. Moraes was going straight into a guard.

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Would they have stopped it instantly like that the other way, or would they make Moraes gas himself out chasing the finish.. seems like the refs pick winners in the UFC in Abu Dhabi.