UFC Fight Night- Overeem vs Sakai- Sept 5th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 09-05-20

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
personal attack? lol
was not taken that way

Just a lack of respect for the winner of a high level MMA fight...we all know he has a soft chin for the last 20 years...that isn't new...winning regardless of that is worth respect...dude is a legend and still crushing top 10 guys at 40...great stuff

I have been happy all night, hope you are also
He's a grown ass man. He can handle the criticism.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Who in that division has a better skill set that Jones? Reem? Sakai? Harris? lol
Jones has lost 2 in a row arguably

Him crushing all but 2-3 HWs is quite a stretch

I would like to see him beat a single man larger than him before crowning his ass as a top 5 HW

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You must be delusional about the quality of the heavyweight division.
No bro.

I just know how that division goes.

HW more than any other division has power as the great equalizer.

If Jon steps into those waters and proves to be a beast, I will be the first to say he is a badass HW.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Power is a different story though and Jones is very hittable.
It depends who's power it is. They have guys with pillow hands at heavyweight too. We've also seen Jones eat some big shots from guys who are known for turning people's lights out.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It depends who's power it is. They have guys with pillow hands at heavyweight too. We've also seen Jones eat some big shots from guys who are known for turning people's lights out.
It's entire speculation at this point. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see him take a crack. That being said I don't hear him clamoring for a shot at Ngannou!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's entire speculation at this point. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see him take a crack. That being said I don't hear him clamoring for a shot at Ngannou!
Ngannou is the only true wildcard in the division. If he lands a clean shot, which he appears to be capable of landing from any angle, you're going to sleep. He's certainly one dimensional and very beatable, but he's the only wildcard in a division of slow, predictable fighters.

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
How did the fight go? Got caught up on a business call, couldn't break away to talk shit or get my shit pushed in by KnockoutThoughts @KnockoutThoughts, now I just see the last part of the fight. Bummer.

KnockoutThoughts @KnockoutThoughts, I owe you some shit talking. Maybe next time. Can't really do it now without seeing the fight. I'd like to, I just can't. Having said that, I told you so!!!!!! (even if that means Sakai slipped on a banana peel)
Lol...Sakai was whooping his ass till it hit the ground. Sakai ran out of gas. Good fight though. Overeem took over the fight once it hit the ground.

warriorx559

Jan 19, 2015

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Lol...Sakai was whooping his ass till it hit the ground. Sakai ran out of gas. Good fight though. Overeem took over the fight once it hit the ground.
a couple minutes on the ground with Reem and he had a swollen brow and was losing confidence

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/io9okd/augusto_sakai_reveals_he_had_2_dislocated_ribs_on/
damn he got cut up

and I did see a change in body language from a single sharp knee from Reem
Efficient as a striker gets...really only landed a couple knees to body, but made them count