UFC Fight Night- Santos vs Texiera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 11-07-20

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
99% casuals don’t know who Glover is.

100% hardcore fans love and respect Glover for being everything we want in the sport: heart, skill, humility, class
It depends how far we go with the term 'casual'. If we are talking the people that only know Conor, Jones, Khabib level and never watch Fight Nights ever, then yes, of course.

But if we are talking the casual bar audience who get exposed to UFC but don't really follow it, then I think you are seriously underestimating how much exposure he has got.

This was Glover's 7th UFC main event. For comparison, the UFC's Fight Night workhorse, Cowboy has had 9. Nate Diaz has had 8. I would be very surprised if any other non-titlist has been in more. And he has been in 6 co-mains. He was co-main in the 2nd biggest PPV ever, Conor-Diaz 2.

So 2/3 times GloTex has been main or co-main in his UFC career. The UFC certainly seems to think he has a certain level of drawing value and just by pure exposure, there's probably a lot of relative casuals who flick on the UFC who would know him.

FryedTakayama

Posting Machine
Feb 4, 2016
Just watched the main event. God damn Glover is unbreakable. Still concerns me that he gets knocked down like that. Happy though that he'll get another shot.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It depends how far we go with the term 'casual'. If we are talking the people that only know Conor, Jones, Khabib level and never watch Fight Nights ever, then yes, of course.

But if we are talking the casual bar audience who get exposed to UFC but don't really follow it, then I think you are seriously underestimating how much exposure he has got.

This was Glover's 7th UFC main event. For comparison, the UFC's Fight Night workhorse, Cowboy has had 9. Nate Diaz has had 8. I would be very surprised if any other non-titlist has been in more. And he has been in 6 co-mains. He was co-main in the 2nd biggest PPV ever, Conor-Diaz 2.

So 2/3 times GloTex has been main or co-main in his UFC career. The UFC certainly seems to think he has a certain level of drawing value and just by pure exposure, there's probably a lot of relative casuals who flick on the UFC who would know him.
Howany dow poodle and dj have?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Come to think about it more, once again we've got Don Frey, when he fought that ridiculous looking Japanese pro wrestler with the long blonde hair in Pride. In today's age, it's all about self marketing though.
The “ridiculous looking Japanese pro wrestler” was Yoshihiro Takayama, give some respect to his name.

When Takayama broke his neck wrestling Frye sent him this message:

“Takayama-san, God gave me the greatest opponent anybody could ever ask for, you,” began a visibly diminished Frye. “You made the greatest fight the world has ever seen. You are the reason that our fight beat the World Cup of soccer head to head on TV. You are the image of Bushido and strength and triumph. You are the first person everyone asks about when they meet me. You are the warrior we all look to be.

“Tayama-san, if you are done with this life, in this adventure, and wish to move on, good luck. We are not ready to lose you, and let you go. Therefore we will always remember you. But if you must go sir, God Speed.”

Also, it’s Don Frye not frey. If you are going to attempt to shit on legends of mma in your comments have the fucking decency to spell their names correctly.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The “ridiculous looking Japanese pro wrestler” was Yoshihiro Takayama, give some respect to his name.

“Takayama-san, God gave me the greatest opponent anybody could ever ask for, you,” began a visibly diminished Frye. “You made the greatest fight the world has ever seen. You are the reason that our fight beat the World Cup of soccer head to head on TV. You are the image of Bushido and strength and triumph. You are the first person everyone asks about when they meet me. You are the warrior we all look to be.

“Tayama-san, if you are done with this life, in this adventure, and wish to move on, good luck. We are not ready to lose you, and let you go. Therefore we will always remember you. But if you must go sir, God Speed.”

Also, it’s Don Frye not frey. If you are going to attempt to shit on legends of mma in your comments have the fucking decency to spell their names correctly.
What is your deal with this? I misspelled names? Really? I should be banned. Fuck off.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Don Frey

Blonde guy from japan with ridiculous hair.

:

noun: hair; plural noun: hairs; noun: a hair
  1. 1.
    any of the fine threadlike strands growing from the skin of humans, mammals, and some other animals
Please tell me how this is inaccurate

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Please justify that guy's hair.

Wasn't it Don Frey the person who was interviewed after Felice Herig, or some other girl who said "I don't know whether to sit in the seat or sniff it?"