UFC Fight Pass Hacking Users' Computers for Bitcoin Mining!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
That's pretty fucked
I've heard of setting up botnets using smart devices and obviously know about mining groups but it's fucked up to put somebody into a mining group without their knowledge and even more fucked up to actually use the subscribers resources for their own monetary gain
Fuck
I just remembered I signed up for a free month, I better cancel that shit

T

The Big Guy

They are running scripts in your browser that uses your CPU cycles and network to make bitcoins they can cash in on.

You can turn it off.
How do you turn it off and how do they make money? Check your spreadsheets and get back to me

Neural

Feb 25, 2016
How is this even remotely legal?, nevermind scummy as fuck. They are essentially stealing from you as this would increase your electricity costs due to higher running CPU to mine.
It sounds so ridiculous i'm not sure how true it is.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I also don't know what this is about, tried watching a video explaining bitcoin mining. Still confused.

Are they using accounts of its users to inflate their workload of whatever mining is? As in their customers' computers are unknowing bots or something?

Thanks in advance

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Splinty @Splinty can break this down extensively ...

Wonder if he has thought about running the same scripts on this forum and making money off posters who post here.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
How do you turn it off and how do they make money? Check your spreadsheets and get back to me
It depends on which browser you use and which mining service the ufc is using, but it basically boils down to blocking Javascript from a set of domains.

Just google 'disable javascript bitcoin mining' along with your browser, and you should be able to find a number of options. Here is an example.

NoScript will do the trick, and there is also a filter you can use if you have AdBlock Plus.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thanks, I’m even more confused now.
Think of it like this: it's like ur neighbor is stealing your cable (without asking u) and then making money by charging people to come watch Game of Thrones at their house.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Think of it like this: it's like ur neighbor is stealing your cable (without asking u) and then making money by charging people to come watch Game of Thrones at their house.
Actually it's more like your neighbor is selling you access to their cable account. But then they're also putting a camera in your house and selling that live feed for a few shekels to get a little more out of it.