UFC FN: Blaydes vs Volkov- Live Discussion Thread- 6/20/2929

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 06-20-20

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Anybody wanting to hate on blaydes let's try and shoot 25 shots straight and see what happens.. There's a reason wrestlers quit wrestling and start throwing hands.
I don’t think anyone is hating on Blaydes for the 25 attempts. It’s that he didn’t do a whole lot once he got them. He’s straight merc’d fools from the guard and it was a bit disappointing he didn’t cave Volkov’s skull in.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Randy has problems with Ricco and Chuck..I understand this isn't too entertaining but Don't act like beating a 7 foot Russian is easy bro
All I'm saying is his conditioning is the shits.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Anybody wanting to hate on blaydes let's try and shoot 25 shots straight and see what happens.. There's a reason wrestlers quit wrestling and start throwing hands.
People (me and others) are upset that he is not entertaining us. In professional sports, it is entertainment. I was anything but entertained. I am not saying that what he did was not hard and did not take everything out of him, I'm just saying that this is not what makes me tune in. Employers will look at this the same way to justify pay. You make more when people want to see you.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
There's a reason Blaydes didn't quit wrestling. He doesn't have any other discernable skills.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Blaydes became one of my favorite heavyweights after one of his earlier fights against some Eastern European guy. The crowd booed him because he used the clinch and his wrestling and it was a boring fight, but he was honest and said he was sorry about it and he had to use his wrestling because his striking was weak and he had to lean on his strengths. Smart gameplay but it doesn’t make for must see TV.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
People (me and others) are upset that he is not entertaining us. In professional sports, it is entertainment. I was anything but entertained. I am not saying that what he did was not hard and did not take everything out of him, I'm just saying that this is not what makes me tune in. Employers will look at this the same way to justify pay. You make more when people want to see you.
Try fighting at this level that long and see if you aren't entertaining.. Come on bro survival takes over and ppls satisfaction is irrelevant

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Try fighting at this level that long and see if you aren't entertaining.. Come on bro survival takes over and ppls satisfaction is irrelevant
He fought the same way when fresh in round 1. I don't see your point.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just fought 25 mins straight vs a monster..idk what you're saying
Volkov defended takedowns for 5 rounds. Why wasn't he sucking wind like he was just waterboarded?

Blaydes obviously trained the takedown. Great. Obviously didn't train to do anything with it after that. Just sit there and lay in guard and hope the ref doesn't stand it. No advancement, no posturing and zero sub attempts.

Imagine if there was a full stadium. He'd been booed off stage.

Criticism comes with the game. This was a performance worth criticism.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Blaydes should have better conditioning training in Denver
I was thinking the same thing but It takes a lot of horsepower to throw a 240 pound Russian around. Curtis was going HAM in the paint early. I think he thought he’d get the finish early.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Volkov defended takedowns for 5 rounds. Why wasn't he sucking wind like he was just waterboarded?

Blaydes obviously trained the takedown. Great. Obviously didn't train to do anything with it after that. Just sit there and lay in guard and hope the ref doesn't stand it. No advancement, no posturing and zero sub attempts.

Tell your guys to stop it.. It's easy to critique guys if you've never felt that scenario.. Blame Volkov for getting mauled..wtf does a wrestler have to worry about? Everybody coming at me and blaydes when you need to go at these non wrestling fks

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Who won? When you got show/win money fighters are gonna get paid regardless
Colby was going to get cut for a boring style irrelevant on wins due to being boring. He decided to attempt to get himself killed in Brazil with post fight remarks and that is why the company kept him. I'm just saying, Blaydes isn't doing himself any favors by dry humping.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tell your guys to stop it.. It's easy to critique guys if you've never felt that scenario.. Blame Volkov for getting mauled..wtf does a wrestler have to worry about? Everybody coming at me and blaydes when you need to go at these non wrestling fks
My guys? Not sure what you mean.

Nobody is coming at you, don't take it personal. Not many fighters have ever escaped the criticism of lay and pray.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

This is basically the reason I stopped getting hyped for GSP fights. I didn’t hate the guy for using his wrestling to win a decision, I just didn’t excited to watch it. These guys are fighting for a paycheck and it’s all business in the end. Blaydes won’t sell out a stadium with that style but it usually gets him the W.

Sausage

Hi
Apr 28, 2020
Lol ECC170 @ECC170 just swingin on dem nutz and excusin’ after
excusin’.

If he is as good as your tongue thinks then he would’ve first round knocked dat dude out. Instead, he played humpy hump and tired his own ass out.