UFC FN: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan - Live Discussion 8/1/2020

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 08-01-20

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

MAIN CARD - 9PM EDT
  • Middleweight - Derek Brunson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
  • Women's Flyweight - Joanne Calderwood vs. Jennifer Maia
  • Welterweight - Vicente Luque vs. Randy Brown
  • Lightweight - Lando Vannata vs. Bobby Green
  • Middleweight - Kevin Holland vs. Trevin Giles

1595882777996.png

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
PRELIMS - 7PM EDT
  • Bantamweight - Frankie Saenz vs. Jonathan Martinez
  • Light Heavyweight - Ed Herman vs. Gerald Meerschaert
  • Bantamweight - Johnny Munoz vs. Nathan Maness
  • Middleweight - Eric Spicely vs. Markus Perez
  • Featherweight - Jamall Emmers vs. Vince Cachero
  • Bantamweight - Chris Gutiérrez vs. Cody Durden
1596319459381.png

Attachments

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
UFC Statement on August 1 Fight Night

“Due to COVID-19 related issues with Irene Aldana, the bout against Holly Holm, originally set to main event UFC Fight Night on August 1, has been postponed to a later date. As a result, the co-main event between No. 8 ranked middleweight contender Derek Brunson and undefeated No. 9 ranked Edmen Shahbazyan will now be the three-round main event.

A staple of the middleweight top 10, Brunson (20-7) will look to build on his current win streak by taking out yet another fast-rising prospect and work his way back towards the top five of the division with a statement win. One of the youngest athletes on the entire UFC roster, Shahbazyan, 22 (11-0) has shown incredible skills during his budding MMA career by finishing all but one of his victories in the first round and now he takes a step up in competition to prove that the hype around him is deserved.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN+®: BRUNSON vs. SHAHBAZYAN will take place Saturday, August 1 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas with all fights carried exclusively on ESPN+ in English and Spanish. The main card begins at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT, with the prelims kicking off at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Card changes: spicely fight off, borg and valiev replaced. Will see if I can update the fight card posts later

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’m actually gonna watch this with someone tonight and I hate watching fights with most everyone but I’m giving this girl one chance

later

M

member 3289

Guys in case I lose power, can someone do live pbp for each round of every fight?

Thanks in advance

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
UFC Statement on August 1 Fight Night

“Due to COVID-19 related issues with Irene Aldana, the bout against Holly Holm, originally set to main event UFC Fight Night on August 1, has been postponed to a later date. As a result, the co-main event between No. 8 ranked middleweight contender Derek Brunson and undefeated No. 9 ranked Edmen Shahbazyan will now be the three-round main event.

A staple of the middleweight top 10, Brunson (20-7) will look to build on his current win streak by taking out yet another fast-rising prospect and work his way back towards the top five of the division with a statement win. One of the youngest athletes on the entire UFC roster, Shahbazyan, 22 (11-0) has shown incredible skills during his budding MMA career by finishing all but one of his victories in the first round and now he takes a step up in competition to prove that the hype around him is deserved.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN+®: BRUNSON vs. SHAHBAZYAN will take place Saturday, August 1 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas with all fights carried exclusively on ESPN+ in English and Spanish. The main card begins at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT, with the prelims kicking off at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT.

not sure if they dropped some fights since this, but starting time is meow 7pm EST

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
First prelim fight should be interesting. Cody Durden is from Atl, and just beat one of the guys I trained with at my old gym at the NFC card outside a few weeks back. Quick first round TKO on after a takedown and Sweeney could not get up. Ring surface was like a slip and slide. We will see tonight if Cody is as good as he looked in that fight. He has a good amount of hype behind him, hopefully he can make a statement tonight after taking this UFC debut on very short notice.