UFC injuries or?

• Thread starter Morpheushasleftthebuilding
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

suspensions, what do you guys think, every injury is a real one?

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't want to be overly negative but I wouldn't be surprised if these "injuries", some of them at least, are suspensions or covering up getting a cycle wrong.

Feels bad to even have to think like that about the sport I love. But there's so much scetchy shit happening that nothing would surprise me.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't think suspensions, but probably a few pissed hot on self test and knew they weren't gonna make so fake it.
But on the other hand, i don't know if they have to see a doctor when ever they pull out of a fight so i'm speculating.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well i wouldn't think everyone is legit. I mean i really don't follow boxing and i know its a different breed, but who many injuries are there vs the UFC, even in the NFL, are there that many more injuries in the UFC then the other major sports. What about Bellator, how many of their fights have been called off or rescheduled due to injury?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
A long time ago I remember hearing Dana say that people can't fake injuries to get out of fights because the ufc has doctors that follow up with the fighters too. That being said, I'm not dumb enough to believe everything he says but hard to imagine they would knowingly let someone skip out on a fight when they have dumped money into marketing and hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tiiimmmaaayyy;n16179 said:
A long time ago I remember hearing Dana say that people can't fake injuries to get out of fights because the ufc has doctors that follow up with the fighters too. That being said, I'm not dumb enough to believe everything he says but hard to imagine they would knowingly let someone skip out on a fight when they have dumped money into marketing and hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a lot of injuries that can quite frankly be "masked" and docs would have a difficult time arguing it. Back injuries for example. Muscle and tendon sprains. Maybe Splinty can chime in, as he would know a lot better than most. Not saying this is what is happening (fighters faking injuries to avoid testing)...just saying it's certainly not impossible to accomplish if they wanted to.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Good point. Hard to fake a broken bone, but you're probably right, there are probably some instances where they can not really prove the extent of damage.