UFC Injury Insurance Details

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I was asked to look into it at another website & thought it was interesting to take a look at

The details of the policy include:

• Coverage for all athletes signed by the UFC
  • Coverage for athletes residing both within and outside of the United States.
  • Zuffa paying for all premiums for the policy, with athletes not required to pay anything.
  • Allowing athletes to use up to $50,000 in annual coverage for any injuries that occur while under contract to Zuffa. This includes services such as, doctor services, laboratory tests, emergency medical evacuation, and physical therapy.
  • Coverage for athletes regardless of if they are scheduled to compete.
  • Life and dental insurance at no cost to the athletes.
  • No coverage for minor illnesses, but training-related illnesses like staph infections are covered.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I did not know about Life & Dental or the $50k per max

Aj Garcia @Aj Garcia
How important is this (or not) for a regional fighter looking to move up

This is one thing I hope Viacom instills now that they have the DAZN money which should put them in the black yearly

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I was asked to look into it at another website & thought it was interesting to take a look at

The details of the policy include:

• Coverage for all athletes signed by the UFC
  • Coverage for athletes residing both within and outside of the United States.
  • Zuffa paying for all premiums for the policy, with athletes not required to pay anything.
  • Allowing athletes to use up to $50,000 in annual coverage for any injuries that occur while under contract to Zuffa. This includes services such as, doctor services, laboratory tests, emergency medical evacuation, and physical therapy.
  • Coverage for athletes regardless of if they are scheduled to compete.
  • Life and dental insurance at no cost to the athletes.
  • No coverage for minor illnesses, but training-related illnesses like staph infections are covered.
Ya 50,000 isn't much in my experience

I racked that in 4 days hospital stay and appendix removal

Not bad benefits, but the limits could be higher I think

no premium is a nice thing...basically free for all scheduled maintenance doctor visits

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Seems very light as these guys take on extensive damage that can result in 50g’s disappearing dope quick

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Ya 50,000 isn't much in my experience

I racked that in 4 days hospital stay and appendix removal

Not bad benefits, but the limits could be higher I think

no premium is a nice thing...basically free for all scheduled maintenance doctor visits
The life insurance & medical shocked me

I was told no dental, but whomever was obvious wrong.
Life insurance is a nice side benefit as well.

But I guess with 600 fighters under contract, the yearly premium is pretty big so they capped it at $50k

Hopefully Viacom follows this now that Bellator is in better shape financially

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

But I guess with 600 fighters under contract, the yearly premium is pretty big so they capped it at $50k

but does life insurance expire when they are cut or retire?

I don't know much about that stuff honestly

dental is huge...especially for a fighter...need strong teeth and repairs from training and fights

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
but does life insurance expire when they are cut or retire?

I don't know much about that stuff honestly

dental is huge...especially for a fighter...need strong teeth and repairs from training and fights
Of course if they are no longer with the company, the company will discontinue paying it ;)

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

Typical, no dental in a sport where dental is most likely something you need

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if you live anywhere but the usa that shit is free anyways. the dental plan and life insurance are nice but there is nothing here that wouldnt be included in a benefits package from a regular job

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Is the $50k cap only for non-fight injuries? I'd assume they cover 100% of injuries on fight night. Is that not correct? Crazy sport, so I guess it wouldn't shock.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Is the $50k cap only for non-fight injuries? I'd assume they cover 100% of injuries on fight night. Is that not correct? Crazy sport, so I guess it wouldn't shock.
Fight night is covered by the fight insurance that any promoter has to take out legally