UFC is suddenly on Fedor's nutsack

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
please don't quote me La Paix @BirdWatcher just skim past my posts :D

I honestly just smh when I see people post criticism on a fighter habitually when I read that they never watched the the org they fought in. You may have caught up on some fights here or there but unless you watched them unfold and understand who was who and the context of it all you'll have a hard time getting it. I've seen other members here post their thoughts on Fedor and even if I don't agree it's all good because I know they actually watched it happen and formed an opinion, that's normal. If you don't know about Wand, Fedor or Hendo because you didn't follow PRIDE that's totally fine, just don't post things like you do.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

I honestly just smh when I see people post criticism on a fighter habitually when I read that they never watched the the org they fought in. You may have caught up on some fights here or there but unless you watched them unfold and understand who was who and the context of it all you'll have a hard time getting it. I've seen other members here post their thoughts on Fedor and even if I don't agree it's all good because I know they actually watched it happen and formed an opinion, that's normal. If you don't know about Wand, Fedor or Hendo because you didn't follow PRIDE that's totally fine, just don't post things like you do.
lol not sure I said anything about Fedor that requires watching his fights :D

I already said I'm aware of the circumstances regarding his first loss

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015

Well for what it's worth, I do agree with your views on Fedor and I got in almost on the ground floor with Fedor (I started following him when he was still in RINGS).

I think a lot of long-time fans look at him with rose-coloured glasses. He was a great fighter, but people overestimate him as a fighter.

And he FOR SURE was not a draw. That can be verified with evidence.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

If you've ever mentioned him (which you have many times) then yes, it requires that you need to watch his fights.

Another insightful post of yours regarding PRIDE guys were comparing HMC to Randleman, Criticising Nogs, Crocops and Colemans game.

"it's a mixed bag for me, guys like Randleman and Hong Man Choi were pretty terrible even if they had moderate success at the time. Cro Cop didn't have much of a ground game when he finally arrived in the UFC, so I can't imagine he had anything but a sprawl back then, and the best HW besides Fedor was Big Nog? a guy whose strategy was to take a beating and pull a submission out the wazoo. Coleman? again good in his era but in his prime now I think he'd be getting murdered, worse than he really did."

Heres a picture of the "pretty terrible" Mr Randleman and his "moderate success"

Coleman?

Here's that CroCop guy who had nothing but a sprawl and brawl

The guy with that shitty strategy

This is just coincidental I'm sure but the name of the thread this all was posted in was....

Funniest/dumbest comments you've ever heard a casual fan say

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
What facts did I get wrong? He didn't lose. It's an L on his record but everyone who has watched mma before ufc's reality shows know what went down on this fight. Unless you think Jon Jones has a loss too. What do you say about JJ, is he undefeated or does he have a loss?

Nothing that happens now changes what he did in the 2000-2010 period. He was the god of mma for one decade. If Jon Jones stays undefeated for 2 more years we can talk about him being his equal.

The reason I have zero respect for Fedor haters is that they talk shit about someone for poor performance at the end of his career. As if someone would shit on Jordan because he didn't win a championship with the Wizards. Seriously, having to wait 10 years for the guy you hate to lose, and once this happens you go "I told you so" is rich.
Jon Jones surpassed Fedor a long time ago.

Fedor got criticism because he was not consistently fighting the toughest matchups, which is kind of what is expected of you if you are being called the greatest fighter on the planet. Too many challenges that he didn't face during his reign. Couture, Barnett, Gonzaga, Mir, Overeem, any top light heavyweight during the time, etc. When he finally fought a stylistically tough matchup (werdum) for the first time in a long time besides Arlovski, he lost in devastating fashion. So what would have happened if he faced some of the guys I just mentioned, back in 2005-2010?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well for what it's worth, I do agree with your views on Fedor and I got in almost on the ground floor with Fedor (I started following him when he was still in RINGS).

I think a lot of long-time fans look at him with rose-coloured glasses. He was a great fighter, but people overestimate him as a fighter.

And he FOR SURE was not a draw. That can be verified with evidence.
And you're one of the members I was referring to as far as actually watching and forming an opinion of your own. We don't agree on the matter but thats not a problem as it's the conclusion you came to as you watched it go down.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
And you're one of the members I was referring to as far as actually watching and forming an opinion of your own. We don't agree on the matter but thats not a problem as it's the conclusion you came to as you watched it go down.
Well I'll be honest I came to it much later in the 2000s.

I was very much a Fedor nuthugger until around 2008-2009 or so.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well I'll be honest I came to it much later in the 2000s.

I was very much a Fedor nuthugger until around 2008-2009 or so.
Still all good. I just couldn't imagine what my old school uncles would say to young hockey fans who weren't even born yet trying to shit on guys like Bobby Orr knowing they never watched the man play. It's not about selling them his legacy or anything but ffs at least have an idea of what happened before making embarrassing statements.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
If you've ever mentioned him (which you have many times) then yes, it requires that you need to watch his fights.

Another insightful post of yours regarding PRIDE guys were comparing HMC to Randleman, Criticising Nogs, Crocops and Colemans game.

"it's a mixed bag for me, guys like Randleman and Hong Man Choi were pretty terrible even if they had moderate success at the time. Cro Cop didn't have much of a ground game when he finally arrived in the UFC, so I can't imagine he had anything but a sprawl back then, and the best HW besides Fedor was Big Nog? a guy whose strategy was to take a beating and pull a submission out the wazoo. Coleman? again good in his era but in his prime now I think he'd be getting murdered, worse than he really did."

Heres a picture of the "pretty terrible" Mr Randleman and his "moderate success"

Coleman?

Here's that CroCop guy who had nothing but a sprawl and brawl

The guy with that shitty strategy

This is just coincidental I'm sure but the name of the thread this all was posted in was....

Funniest/dumbest comments you've ever heard a casual fan say

you keep doing this and you're proving nothing,

my post CLEARLY highlights that I am unsure of some of what I am saying and that's it's open for discussion.

read my post before quoting me or stop quoting me.

and Kevin Randleman considered himself a terrible mixed martial artist

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Still all good. I just couldn't imagine what my old school uncles would say to young hockey fans who weren't even born yet trying to shit on guys like Bobby Orr knowing they never watched the man play. It's not about selling them his legacy or anything but ffs at least have an idea of what happened before making embarrassing statements.
Agreed. Anyone who hasn't seen all of a guy's fights shouldn't be making blanket statements about his career.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
you keep doing this and you're proving nothing,

my post CLEARLY highlights that I am unsure of some of what I am saying and that's it's open for discussion.

read my post before quoting me or stop quoting me.

and Kevin Randleman considered himself a terrible mixed martial artist

"Randleman and Hong Man Choi were pretty terrible even if they had moderate success at the time"

That is a statement made by you, if it started with "I heard" "iirc" or "from what I've been told" then no issue as it would support your claim of "my post CLEARLY highlights that I am unsure of some of what I am saying" . Winning a title isn't moderate success so it's also factually wrong. You're making posts and I'm calling you on them then you're playing victim, the last one I quoted isn't you presenting the issue as unsure at all it's you telling us about fighters that fought in an org you didn't watch.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
"Randleman and Hong Man Choi were pretty terrible even if they had moderate success at the time"

That is a statement made by you, if it started with "I heard" "iirc" or "from what I've been told" then no issue as it would support your claim of "my post CLEARLY highlights that I am unsure of some of what I am saying" . Winning a title isn't moderate success so it's also factually wrong. You're making posts and I'm calling you on them then you're playing victim, the last one I quoted isn't you presenting the issue as unsure at all it's you telling us about fighters that fought in an org you didn't watch.
so all this because I said moderate?

I'm gonna ignore you, sorry. You can destroy me for everyone elses amusement but I won't be seeing it.

EDIT: well, I'll be skimming past, for technical reasons :p

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
so all this because I said moderate?

I'm gonna ignore you, sorry. You can destroy me for everyone elses amusement but I won't be seeing it.

EDIT: well, I'll be skimming past, for technical reasons :p
This isn't me looking to destroy for amusement, again with the victim thing. A while back it was a similar scenario regarding Cyborg. You posted your opinion which is great but I disagreed and posted her record and other facts. You then quoted me twice with a Oh I'm sorry I'm not worthy, put a disclaimer on your threads so I know next time type of pitty party. And in one of the recent Ariel threads it was more of the same. You posting something to the effect of Ariel is just mad, he just a guy who turned his hobby into a pay cheque that's not a quote but it sums up the post. So again I reply with facts, I even tell you I'm not looking to be an ass but I'm literally trying to help you save face as many members are dog piling on you and and once again you quoted me with some shitty reply, you even knew because you quoted again to say sorry. Skim over my posts, not an issue but I suggest taking the time to catch up on events that you missed, learn to take honest criticism a bit better, don't play victim and get shitty when others try and correct you. I get members correcting me often, I usually thank them or look into it myself so I know next time.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
this is evidence of a theory of mine that whoever that wants Fedor to rematch Werdum and fight top competition now is a Fedor hater.
here is the part you left out ;)

zuffa are pushing him too as this thread highlights, and the HW scene is still wide open with a lot of interesting matchups for him.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
here is the part you left out ;)

zuffa are pushing him too as this thread highlights, and the HW scene is still wide open with a lot of interesting matchups for him.
good. so you're not a hater?

I just think that demanding that he goes against all comers now is silly. he's barely an active fighter.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
good. so you're not a hater?

I just think that demanding that he goes against all comers now is silly. he's barely an active fighter.
I am but I didn't say he had to be thrown to the recently dethroned champion who has improved significantly even since he beat Fedor. I am interested in seeing him fight pretty much any decent HW in the UFC but I don't wanna see him get brain damaged, and if he's done at that level then fair enough, make that Putin or Coker money and GTFO while you can,

Fedor himself wants rematches with Werdum, Henderson and Bigfoot Silva, and said it again recently.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
This thread was derailed by the haters, back to the subject... yes that's the nicest the ufc or any of their departments have ever been towards Fedor. It looks like he's headed for ufc after his second and last tune-up fight. Have to say though, seeing the GOAT in a reebok kit will be sad. By the way... is that Fertitta on the first row of seats at 4:55?

View: https://youtu.be/p5IOEvi8uKU?t=4m55s

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'm going to side a bit with some of the haters because I never really liked or believed in Fedor. I always thought he was incredibly sloppy and relied on his quickness and power to keep himself in fights.

Then I started reading some good analyses of how good he actually was, about subtle things he did to roll with punches and generate full power by bringing his whole body into it rather than just swinging for the fences like it appeared at face value. He was actually one of the greatest technicians we had ever seen but I was too dumb to realize it.

I never thought ill of his schedule because that's just how it was in Pride. Today you're fighting the consensus #1, tomorrow it's a quick squash match with Diet Butcher. It was entertainment and no one was better at it than Pride. He fought everyone available and never turned down anyone. The fact that he didn't fight certain heavyweights who came into their prime as his was fading is almost identical to what people used to say about Rickson. A fighter can't be held accountable for being a person of their time.

The other criticism that Jehannum @Jehannum leveled that I think actually has merit is that fans are very sensitive about him, but there's very good reason for that. In the aftermath of the Pride sale, Fedor became a rallying point for the anti-Zuffa hegemony brigade. Zuffa gloated as they stood up there essentially reenacting the Japanese surrender. Then they went on to viciously attack other promotions that stepped up to fill the vacuum like EliteXC, Affliction and later Strikeforce. Unfortunately this campaign to discredit the competition largely centered around attacking Fedor, a guy who had defeated the best heavyweights of a generation and was known for being a friendly humble ambassador for the sport on top of it. That he wanted to be paid what he was worth was mocked when any fan should've celebrated the idea that one of us (for those who trained) had the opportunity to be a true international superstar.

So there's a lot of water under the bridge and considering Zuffa has lately affirmed everything we thought about them, it's all the more disturbing when we hear people parroting the same company lines we had to digest back in the day. But we can all lay down our arms. Fedor's record doesn't need defending. Those who know know and those who doubt can always catch up when they have time or just enjoy the sport as it is today if they like.

I'm glad we had him when we did and I'm glad I got to appreciate what we had before it was too late.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How do you think it's go between him and Maldonado?
Slow first round with Fabio attempting to walk him down, 3-4 decent exchanges with Fedor getting the better of them and possibly wobble Maldanado. Second round will pick up pace and during the second exchange Fedor commits which leads to a TKO finish before the half way mark. Everyone starts to campaign for Fedor to fight Arlovski, Werdum or Barnett

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
I think Fedor finishes him in round 1. Then again I have no idea what state Fedor is in. Strikeforce Fedor could lose this fight. Pride/Bodog/WAMMA Fedor Jaideepsinghs Maldonado.