UFC issues statement on latest Anthony Johnson situation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Anthony Johnson is being investigated by the UFC once again. The latest situation arose when Johnson posted an angry rant on his Facebook page in reference to a female at his gym that he had an altercation with. Johnson apologized for the incident today, but it appears to be too little too late in the eyes of the UFC, who issued a statement regarding the incident:

"UFC is aware of the situation involving Anthony Johnson. We take these matters seriously and have commenced a formal investigation by a third-party law firm. We will act accordingly once we gather more information."

LINK: UFC issues statement on latest Anthony Johnson situation - Bloody Elbow

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They guy won't ever learn. He has something broken inside of him when it comes to bullying women

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My bad he said he snatched the mat from under her and then threw it.

Hardly worthy of anything. Unless you look at his track record and accusations he's faced, then it's hardly the best idea he had

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Throwing her? Doubt it. He'd be in jail for assault. But getting pissy and throwing a yoga mat doesn't warrant an investigation from a third-party law firm. UFC is being kind of ridiculous on this one.

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
Angrily snatching a mat out from someone seems pretty damn aggressive. Harm or no harm. In the right or not.

Even if he wasn't known for violence towards a woman its suspect as fuck.

I have no idea what really happened but this seems like really poor judgement on his behalf throughout this entire situation.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Angrily snatching a mat out from someone seems pretty damn aggressive. Harm or no harm. In the right or not.

Even if he wasn't known for violence towards a woman its suspect as fuck.

I have no idea what really happened but this seems like really poor judgement on his behalf throughout this entire situation.
No doubt. But worthy of an "investigation"? Nah...UFC just doing some PR damage control here.

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
No doubt. But worthy of an "investigation"? Nah...UFC just doing some PR damage control here.
Agreed. I'm not surprised with UFCs action here. That's good business.

I think the biggest face palm here is that Johnson incriminated himself. So ridiculous. Not a good look for Rumble. Not a good look.

kingdazy

pugilist punch-head
Aug 15, 2015
I mean, agreed he's not the sharpest crayon in the box, and has some impulse issues, and a history of reprehensible behavior towards women.

He needs a social media manager, badly. Because yeah, that ain't a good look.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
the ufc just doesnt want to look like they condone the abuse of women.if they really gave a shit johnson would have been gone a long time ago.travis browne would be gone too.they dont actually care.they just want to look like they care.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just leave the guy alone man.
Micro managing a private contractor life.
He had shitty day and got anoyed by some broad.
Happpens to the best of us

Last edited:

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Gimme a break. If it were Jones, they would have said his fucking Facebook got hacked GUARANTEED.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
the ufc just doesnt want to look like they condone the abuse of women.if they really gave a shit johnson would have been gone a long time ago.travis browne would be gone too.they dont actually care.they just want to look like they care.
A lot of this. The UFC doesn't care. If they did it wouldn't constantly be double standards.

BJTT-Geronimo_De_Gato

MEOW
Amateur Fighter
Aug 17, 2015
How many domestic's has this guy had ?

Then makes facebook post for the world to see in which he perpetuautes violence towards a woman.

And yes, by definition, legal and otherwise, pulling some one's private property out from under them and throwing it is violent.

What was the UFC supposed to do? Nothing, and be accused of tacitly condoning such behavior ?

Duh.

Just fucking duh.

Remember when Fedor manhandled Lindland and forced him to tap out? Me too.

GJdeux

It's SAND
Mar 2, 2015
Just leave the guy alone man.
Micro managing a private contractor life.
He had shitty day and got anoyed by some broad.
Happpens to the best of us
A private contractor that represents a larger entity. He is part of their image. Annoyed is one thing, what he did was another. Having a shitty day does not give someone free rein to act that way towards any other human being. He is really a horrible guy (including his other domestics) and should be out of a job.