UFC on ESPN+ 24 Live Discussion - 1/25/20

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results:
Curtis Blaydes def. Junior dos Santos by TKO (strikes). Round 2, 1:06
Michael Chiesa def. Rafael dos Anjos via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Alex Perez def. Jordan Espinosa via submission (arm triangle) (R1, 2:33)
Angela Hill def. Hannah Cifers via second-round TKO (4:26)
Jamahal Hill def. Darko Stosic via unanimous decision (29-27 x3)
Bevon Lewis def. Dequan Townsend via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
Arnold Allen def. Nik Lentz via unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 30-27)
Justine Kish def. Lucie Pudilova via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Montel Jackson def. Felipe Colares via unanimous decision (30-26 x2, 30-25)
Sara McMann def. Lina Lansberg via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-25)
Brett Johns def. Tony Gravely via submission (RNC) (R3, 2:53)
Herbert Burns def. Nate Landwehr via first-round TKO (2:43)

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
MMA is Back!
two card weekends are great

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Pumped for Hannah Cifers vs Angela Hill and Justine Kish vs Lucie Pudlivoa.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Junior paying 3-1 seems really off. Has anyone other than prime Cain ever successfully outwrestled him? Even Cain struggled to take him down in the 3rd fight after Junior had clearly improved since the previous fight.

Before getting KOd by Francis - who has KOd Blaydes twice, so that means nothing for this fight - Junior was on a 3-fight win streak, including stopping Lewis. Guy has still only lost to Cain, Francis, Reem and Stipe in the UFC. He might be nowhere near what he was but he still hasn't lost to anyone non-elite in the UFC.

I definitely wouldn't be backing Blaydes at those odds. He'll get beaten on the feet by Junior, and there is good reason to doubt he can take him down.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Junior paying 3-1 seems really off. Has anyone other than prime Cain ever successfully outwrestled him? Even Cain struggled to take him down in the 3rd fight after Junior had clearly improved since the previous fight.

Before getting KOd by Francis - who has KOd Blaydes twice, so that means nothing for this fight - Junior was on a 3-fight win streak, including stopping Lewis. Guy has still only lost to Cain, Francis, Reem and Stipe in the UFC. He might be nowhere near what he was but he still hasn't lost to anyone non-elite in the UFC.

I definitely wouldn't be backing Blaydes at those odds. He'll get beaten on the feet by Junior, and there is good reason to doubt he can take him down.
Good call closer than 3 1

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

You are chatting shit. JDS is shot and blade will kill him like the vampire his ex wife looked like.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Sheepdog @CreativeClassMauler

Sn bet

30 days. Avatar, sn , title.

You get JDS I get blade.

What say ye?
I don't normally do silly little fake bets with random queers on the internet. I bet actual money with actual betting companies. You are free to lobby Splinty to change my name to whatever you like should JDS lose, because I couldn't give a shit, even though I'm not that confident he will win. I just think he's worth a bet - an actual bet.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't normally do silly little fake bets with random queers on the internet. I bet actual money with actual betting companies. You are free to lobby Splinty to change my name to whatever you like should JDS lose, because I couldn't give a shit, even though I'm not that confident he will win. I just think he's worth a bet - an actual bet.
Alright gayboy, 100 American dollars.

You get JDS I get blade

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Or less or more. I don't care for this shit show I'm trying to find a reason to watch it

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Alright gayboy, 100 American dollars.

You get JDS I get blade
Or I could just give that 100 bucks to some Nigerian prince instead. I'll stick betting with an actual betting company, but I'm sure you can find a rube on the U G.

M

member 3289

Blaydes has questionable stand-up and he doesn't have the pressure or athleticism in getting TDs that Sea Level Cain had.

I wanted to go with JDS but then I remembered that Blaydes has only ever lost to Ngannou.